• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have to use what is at hand which is rather limited what the paywalls in use. However, old as it is, do you dispute the figures 2K? As it is, France receives 9bn euros under the CAP for the period 2014-2020 making it the EU's largest beneficiary by far. Here's another link which I imagine will fare no better than the previous..

Stuffers. The article I attach is 15 years old, but I think it explains why CAP is so important to the French and the principles remain the same. I am just a messenger here, neither defender or attacker

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stuffers. The article I attach is 15 years old, but I think it explains why CAP is so important to the French and the principles remain the same. I am just a messenger here, neither defender or attacker

The CAP was one of the mainstays of the original EEC, set up to protect inefficient french farmers.

It's lack of meaningful reform as farming has moved on over the past 60 years is one of the justifiable criticisms of the EU imho.

Created a heavily distorted single market and naked example of state aid, just at a supra-national state level. If Polish farmers can produce grain cheaper than their French counterparts, why shouldn't they be allowed to do so - in a single market.

elginCity

Johnson is dangerous.

elginCity

The IM bill passes its second reading with a majority of 77 votes. Some rebellion. 🤷‍♂️
Someone tell the MSM that this isn’t 2019 and we kicked the ‘rotten parliament’ out last December.
340 Tory MP lawmakers empower the executive to break international law. With no written constitution our nation's parliamentary sovereignty is underpinned by respect for treaties, precedence and the custom of strict obeyance of laws of the land. You're now happy that our 'sovereignty' is within the gift of these lawbreakers, even though Article 50 proves they'd never actually lost it ?

Just like Brexit itself, I've a feeling that you and your ilk have had absolutely no idea where this is all heading - and yet still vote for these chancers. Keep the faith, Tavares, you're going to need it.

IndoMike

Remembering the brave young pilots of Spitfires and Hurricanes who risked their lives to defeat Goering's Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain. Churchill summed it up so well. If not for them we all might not be here. Also special mention to the Poles who contributed greatly.

Mr Jinx

340 Tory MP lawmakers empower the executive to break international law.
Undoubtedly cheered on by lots of people that voted for them, especially in their newly gained seats oop north.

tavyred

Elgy just brought up the subject of parliamentary sovereignty and how it is underpinned by precedent. Oh I laughed. 🤣

<coughs>John Bercow<coughs> 🤣

IndoMike

Elgy just brought up the subject of parliamentary sovereignty and how it is underpinned by precedent. Oh I laughed. 🤣

<coughs>John Bercow<coughs> 🤣
Anybody remember John Bercow trying to
illegally shut down Parliament?
I certainly don't remember it.
Anybody remember John Bercow lying to the Queen? I don't remember it.

Grecian2K

The "naughty Tory" jailed for two years.

tavyred

Commenting on wanton noncery should rise above the political colours of the perps G2K.