• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Biscuits

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
What I’d like to know ( and I’ve been thinking deeply about it lately having little else better to do ) is , does a Tunnock Tea cake count as a biscuit bearing in mind it’s biscuit base?
Admittedly you’d have problems dunking one.

Alistair20000

An undetected fracture in a Malted Milk caused half of it to sink into my mug of tea just now. Is there a worse biscuit than one of these in a dunking incident ? No amount of fishing with a teaspoon saved the day.

This could have been posted on the Annoyed or Feckin Dire threads just as easily.
An X-ray might have headed off this disaster.

Alistair20000

What I’d like to know ( and I’ve been thinking deeply about it lately having little else better to do ) is , does a Tunnock Tea cake count as a biscuit bearing in mind it’s biscuit base?
Admittedly you’d have problems dunking one.
If it is subject to VAT you will have your answer. Jaffa cake principle innit.

Grecian2K

Thanks to the common sense of our judiciary we have an definitive ruling on this
Lees of Scotland and Tunnock's win Snowball tax appeal - BBC News
Teacake Eaters 1 Taxman 0! :coffee:👏

Banksy

Ah , thanks for enlightening me on that Ali , it’s been keeping me awake at night for some time worrying about it.Also , I need to sort out this dunking thing too , the chocolate stains on my trousers are beginning to look a bit suspicious.

Banksy

Thanks to the common sense of our judiciary we have an definitive ruling on this
These are the little beggars I was thinking about G2K.
F109492A-E05F-4521-935C-5C7F3A0862CD.jpeg

IndoMike

I am a simple man with simple tastes. I am quite happy to have a nice cuppa and some Rich Tea to dunk in it, with a bit of fishing with the teaspoon to retrieve any dropped bits. I know my place.

Alistair20000

See how lawyers make everything too bleddy complicated. Added to which eating cakes or biscuits in moderation is just wrong. (n) "Mouth feel " WTF :mad:

Judges at the First-tier tax tribunal ruled in their favour on appeal.
They decided the issue after being presented with a plate of Jaffa Cakes, Bakewell tarts, tea cakes, Lees Snowballs, Waitrose meringues and mini jam snow cakes during the hearing.

Judge Anne Scott said: "We found that the plate looked like a plate of cakes. We were also left with samples of all of these, together with Tunnock's Snowballs.
"We tasted all of them, in moderation, either at the hearing or thereafter.

"A Snowball looks like a cake. It is not out of place on a plate full of cakes. A Snowball has the mouth feel of a cake", she added.

G2K goes from strength to strength in his absorption of the rules and incidence of taxes. :)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah , thanks for enlightening me on that Ali , it’s been keeping me awake at night for some time worrying about it.Also , I need to sort out this dunking thing too , the chocolate stains on my trousers are beginning to look a bit suspicious.

Alistair20000

Bleddy hell I thought the Bard of Brentwood & Ongar was back.