• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bankers - where do you stand?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
On another thread had a chat about people's spots on the Bank. It's amazing we get the choice of terracing still which gives you truly free access to an entire stand that you can change mid game if you so wish. Where's your normal spot? And does it correspond with the old Bank?

I've usually gone pretty central towards the back, good view, good noise and goals look great from directly behind the goal. You don't get full on wind or rain in your face from the sides either... Negatives are it flattens the view of play and you miss out on some of the intricate stuff sometimes. The very back you end up getting crushed so the sweet spot for me is one block down. If I can't get behind the goal at an away game it feels weird and annoys me.

Looking forward to being back there soon :cool:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I stand near the bottom of the heart, and to the left of the goal. Not too great for seeing what's going on at the other end of the pitch. And of course, if you have problems with an idiot standing within earshot and you don't want the hassle of challenging them it's easy to move.

Grecian2K

Where do I stand on the matter of the Big Bank?
Well, on balance I think that its a rather good thing!

manc grecian

Halfway up to the left of the goal. Very lucky if you don't get one utter helmet within earshot

wiveygrecian

Post 6 !! We are Post 6 elite!

Middle right…changed from my youth -Middle of the cowshed 🤣

Trapdoor

When I rarely get to a home game directly behind goal to the right of the heart when looking down at the pitch. Back in my yoof, cowshed normally towards away end side.

fred binneys head

Up near the middle of the heart, just in front of where the Legion were. Didn’t want to be seen as someone pretending to be an ultra, so just stand slightly in front and go menteeeeooowww there.

jimmy

Is The Bank the largest terrace in the English game?

ExmouthMart

Still stand more or less in the same place on The Big Bank where I did when I first started going. In those days I watched the first half in The Cowshed and then on The Big Bank second half. Don’t know why I get drawn to the same spot after all these years but I expect we all have our favourite spot to watch the beautiful game……