• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bankers - where do you stand?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was Dad not me.
I remember it as you, oh well, it was a good answer from Macca anyway 🙂

ryancooper327

Last section train line end, 2nd ‘row’ up usually. Every now and then I’ll treat myself to a birds eye view and stand at the very top.

Trapdoor

Last section train line end, 2nd ‘row’ up usually. Every now and then I’ll treat myself to a birds eye view and stand at the very top.
Why there out of interest? Thats where I would go if I am too hungover to function and need to sit down.... I've sat down through 45 minutes of a game right next to the heart before because of a hangover and it's not the most relaxing of locations.

Oldsmobile-88

There used to be a fence in the 90s, but I think possibly going further back this wasn't the case?
Transfers from the Cowshed to the BB & vice versa during the game stopped when 3rd & 4th Division grounds required Ground Safety Certificates from the Summer of 1985 onwards.

ryancooper327

Why there out of interest? Thats where I would go if I am too hungover to function and need to sit down.... I've sat down through 45 minutes of a game right next to the heart before because of a hangover and it's not the most relaxing of locations.
No idea. Gravitated there since going as a kid, 30 now… Open to feedback on better places to stand!

Oldsmobile-88

I have not stood on the BB for a few years,but some very fond memories of the place.Stood there for the ‘81 Cup run.
A regular spot with a few work colleagues who I went with in those days was on the right by the wall as you look at the BB from the St James Rd end.
The last time I stood in the BB it was in a similar position.
It certainly is a fantastic terrace that was vastly improved when it was rebuilt with a steeper rake.
That more than compensates for being further away from the pitch.

dontpassback

Stand near post 8,with people who been going for years,I don’t know all there names,but they are there week in week out and it’s almost like being part of a very large family,so it will do for me !

gilbertshoot

Stood on old BB from early eighties directly behind the goal and remember Tony Kellow having a laugh with the crowd as he leant against the near post, knackered and waiting for a corner.

Avening Posse

When I first started going I stood in the cowshed. I gravitated over to the bank from about 86 onwards as I used to go to the Vic beforehand, and it was the first turnstile after walking down the hill. Stood near the back on the train side. Since the renovation I’ve not been in their much, preferring the cowshed seats

Steve H

Looking out on to to the pitch, slightly to the right of the goal and about two thirds up.... been in this spot for a good few years now!