• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bank Bar

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
This bar is a part of a two game trial that has been granted to us by the police. After this period, the police will assess whether it is a 'goer' from a safety perspective. The club will also assess whether it is a money maker, and will then make a final decision based on this and the police advice.

It is true that the temporary bar that is in place at presence has been outsourced, so as to limit costs to the club. It is my understanding that should this be a 'goer', it will be ran 'in-house' and will be likely to be funded by the club & Trust.
Brilliant. Seriously. Looks to be a winner judging by reactions on here, and well done on a sensible approach by going for a trial first and not getting us stuck with long contracts or big start up costs on a venture that might yet not be viable and might also yet fall foul of the rozzers.

Good stuff.

Alistair20000

I expect ******** will be along in a minute to say how sh*t it all was (even though he wasn't there) and that Stevenage's bar is so much better. And Dagenham's too - they don't get as many people, but they do have exactly the beers that everyone wants, at a cheaper price, with a couple of fit birds behind the bar serving too. And they've got a couple of fruities too.

Trouble with us is the Cheese has got a two year rolling franchise for refreshment supplies and all he wants to serve is stout and pale ale - it might have been OK once, but it's dull now and people want more choice. Even the Daggers manage to get two different lagers and Stevenage do bitter too. And look at Preston, they've recently gone one further and bought some tins of Dry Blackthorn.

F*ck all that, I'm off down the offy, it's rubbish at the Park.
Fookin' hell Ant. That post are be dangerously close to outPoulticing ********.

Grecian2K

Fookin' hell Ant. That post are be dangerously close to outPoulticing ********.
If ******** did match reports ················

Alistair20000

If ******** did match reports ················
In fairness to the old curmudgeon, he does: for the aways that he gets to. His comments on those matches are well worth reading.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Great idea and plenty of fans used the bar. BUT at £4 a bottle of unknown beer, I will be buying an extra 'known' beer in the Centre Spot before the game at £3 a bottle. Will keep an eye on it though and will mill around for the Charlton game just to ensure that it is a success and remains. Just get pricing and quality right.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with most things on here ie the expensive beer, but it was really good to be able to go out and have a drink (and a cig). Very civilised and there was no trouble despite the presence of the OB.
It's got my vote as long as they get some decent, realistically priced beer in.

Grecian2K

To be fair Reggie, the "Larger" was only £2 for an (undrinkable) 330ml bottle

Grecian2K

Agree with most things on here ie the expensive beer, but it was really good to be able to go out and have a drink (and 20 cigs).
C'mon gal. Truthfuls and all that ;)

heathy1

We did ask what the beer and Cider was, cant remember now but it was some sort of local stuff, after the trial is over im sure there will be more choice with more beers fruit based drinks for the ladies!

Grecian Max

The cider was fine, people can be far too fussy when it comes to downing a pint, bunch of girls ;)

It wasn't a Mike Blackstone Beer Festival, it was a quick cider in a carpark,, but I thought it was a great intiative and warmed me up for the second half.

Last edited: