• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best Hotel..

Brian Moore

Didnt Neil Le M arrange discount accommodation somewhere in St Davids Hill for City fans?

Brian Moore

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Brian. Looks like I have the Melberry for 2 nights ( told him I'd throw in two copies of One Flew Over The Crossbar and got two nights for £105 instead of £114!)

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have stayed at the Clock Tower hotel - well, guesthouse! a few years back. That was about £30 for the room for 1 night. I have also stayed at the White Heart hotel a few times - mainly on Saturday nights ;) The White Heart have real decent sized rooms and for £43 for the night, you even get a full English in the morning! bargain.

David Treharne

I've been staying in hotels a lot lately and have found that everywhere here is much more expensive than the rest of the country for some odd reason.QUOTE]

It's because there's a shortage of accommodation in Exeter, which is why Jury's, Travelodge and now a group that have bought the old RD&E in Southerhay are all building or converting spaces in Exeter, As an aside York has a similar but more critical shortage.
Personally I would have thought that "The Gidleigh Park" was the place for Brian to stay-seeing as he's likely to want to flash the plastic, though the St Andrew's Hotel on Alphington Road is supposed to be quite good, and very handy for the Crawford as well.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Ellis, booked the Melberry in Queens Cresent. Only around corner from ground and i'm staying in the, wait for it... St James' Suite! Done a little bit of bargaining for that.

White Hart looks good as its just across the road from my fav morning brekkie spot - the St Georges, but as an Arsenal fan I couldnt live with myself if I stayed in a place named The White Hart!

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Ellis, booked the Melberry in Queens Cresent. Only around corner from ground and i'm staying in the, wait for it... St James' Suite! Done a little bit of bargaining for that.

White Hart looks good as its just across the road from my fav morning brekkie spot - the St Georges, but as an Arsenal fan I couldnt live with myself if I stayed in a place named The White Hart!
:D fair enough Brian..... Arsenal fan? i smell plastic !! ;)
Glad your sorted though. [y]