• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best and worst - shady pasts and great celebrations

ryancooper327

To shift away from talk about Bury, offside/not offside debating and 'should Nicky Ajose already be on 15 goals'?!... Two different ideas but combined to save on forum listing space.

Shady pasts

Has there ever been a player with a bad past that fans still cheered/supported for? Or even tolerated for the fact they are at City. Maybe not Luke McCormick bad but maybe like the two Mansfield players (but he did get me thinking about this post). I do know about Tom Parkes and his drink driving conviction.

Great celebrations

What is the best celebration you've seen from a City player?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
To shift away from talk about Bury, offside/not offside debating and 'should Nicky Ajose already be on 15 goals'?!... Two different ideas but combined to save on forum listing space.

Shady pasts

Has there ever been a player with a bad past that fans still cheered/supported for? Or even tolerated for the fact they are at City. Maybe not Luke McCormick bad but maybe like the two Mansfield players (but he did get me thinking about this post). I do know about Tom Parkes and his drink driving conviction.

Great celebrations

What is the best celebration you've seen from a City player?
Best celebration for me was Flacky whipping out his cap. IIRC he was booked for it, but the FA saw the funny side and wiped it off !

ryancooper327

Best celebration for me was Flacky whipping out his cap. IIRC he was booked for it, but the FA saw the funny side and wiped it off !
He was booked -
- about 1:15.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Remember seeing that on a Question of Sport some years back too.

PeteUSA

Bad past for me is the memory of Billy Bingham, the b*stard!

I'm sure many remember our 1959 FA Cup game v then (Old) First Division Luton Town at St James, with 20,000 crammed in! We had gone 1-0 up with a Nelson Stiffle shot deflected OG past England keeper Ron Baynham. Then from nowhere, Bingham took out our star left winger and general threat, Gordon Dale, with an ex-rated two footed tackle that left Dale a limping passenger on the wing. We ultimately lost 1-2 but things might have been very different had Bingham been sent off as he surely would have these days.

Oldsmobile-88

The penultimate game of the relegation season 2003/04...Flacks bizarre celebration on the kick off spot after scoring..
“Flackys gonna get you” was the chant before he scored.

Grecian2K

Shady Past: That dreadful day when R*ss*ll & L*wis entered the premises. :poop::poop:
Great Celebration: When Mr Cascarino drew that No 64 ball out of the pot!! :love:

Colesman Ballz

Shady past - wasn't there big question mark hanging over one of Alan Ball's signings in relation to a Southampton trip to Sweden ?

Spoonz Red E

Can't think of any particular players with a shady past although we were pretty Law less until last season. Perhaps we were blessed with 'proper chappery' even before Paul Tisdale.

Best celebration for me - Les Afful finally getting his goal in front of the Big Bank.

grecIAN Harris

Shady Pasts tolerated because they were at City..... mmmmmm, had to be Sean McCarthy. Helped himself massively because he scored at Torquay but then let himself down massively by getting sent off within minutes having come on as a sub at Gnome Park.
Biggest celebrations, a goal up against Norwich with five minutes go in 1990 only to be cruelly cut short 30 seconds later. Maybe it was so cruelly cut short us why it seemed so massive. Carlisle in the play offs was just pure mental.