Ben Seymour

jimbo-gould

I’d pick Seymour over Fisher all day personally. He’s got better movement than him and even build up play I’d say. It would be more in Seymour‘s favour if he could play with Jay and Williams, plus Randall when fit. I think he needs creative players around him. Fisher on the other hand I don’t know what he offers at all. He is taller than your average player, but I’ve not seen any strength to go with it, nor speed or finishing.

That said, I’d take Ajose, Cox or even Jay pushed higher up over both of them.

Trapdoor

It needed to be said. I think Sparkes stands a better chance of stepping up because he plays a more straight forward role. Seymour needs to develop his movement, positioning and anticipation much more which is hard to learn.

grecian-near-hell

I quite like his movement from what I see, as afar as I am concerned he needs to strengthen up, get in the gym hit the machines and have words with Sweenz and put on a few pounds, too easily knocked off the ball

Ex-ciderrr

Again like Sparkes I can’t say I’m surprised. I’m glad Taylor has seen it too with this one. He was deemed our 2nd choice striker last season and I feel he’s simply going to be even further down the order next season with Taylor making it clear 2/3 additional forwards/strikers could be arriving, and I’d imagine in that area 1/2 of those will be his “serious signings of serious stature” Yes he could well get opportunities perhaps but I struggle to see it being anything more than what he got last season With players coming in. The season just gone was simply his opportunity he wouldn’t of had a better one let’s be fair being 2nd choice but it’s clear he’s just not good enough at this level you couldn’t really see a conference club busting a gut to have him either with the gap between NL and L2 so narrow these days.

A club like Bath or Truro he would get game time and most likely score at NLS level or the likes of Tivvy, Taunton, Weston in the southern league he would score a hatful tbh, proved it in the SL when at Dorchester, just not been able to make the next step and yet somehow ended up our 2nd choice striker in League 2.

The deluder

Again like Sparkes I can’t say I’m surprised. I’m glad Taylor has seen it too with this one. He was deemed our 2nd choice striker last season and I feel he’s simply going to be even further down the order next season with Taylor making it clear 2/3 additional forwards/strikers could be arriving, and I’d imagine in that area 1/2 of those will be his “serious signings of serious stature” Yes he could well get opportunities perhaps but I struggle to see it being anything more than what he got last season With players coming in. The season just gone was simply his opportunity he wouldn’t of had a better one let’s be fair being 2nd choice but it’s clear he’s just not good enough at this level you couldn’t really see a conference club busting a gut to have him either with the gap between NL and L2 so narrow these days.

A club like Bath or Truro he would get game time and most likely score at NLS level or the likes of Tivvy, Taunton, Weston in the southern league he would score a hatful tbh, proved it in the SL when at Dorchester, just not been able to make the next step and yet somehow ended up our 2nd choice striker in League 2.
Unfortunately only second choice due to our managers highly unsuccessful recruitment. Particularly of strikers (Bowman aside).

grecian-near-hell

Oh dear seeing the pictures posted today Ben doesn't look to have spent too much time in the gym over the summer, not holding out much hope for his contract to be renewed next year, but then who knows what the season will bring for him, 11 goals in 16 maybe?