Ben Seymour

Intheknow84

This will be controversial but I don’t see he is up to the standard.
had quite a bit of game time but not delivered, think send him out on loan and see if he can deliver at conference level at get someone who can deliver no on loan in the Morton mould....

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed, watched him several times in first team action and doesn't seem to have what is required to score goals. Too small, not quick enough.

Grecianpasty

Not controversial at all, but I completely disagree. People complain that Jay hasn't been given opportunities, Seymour definitely hasn't.

ecfc2000

I saw him play on loan at Gloucester city a couple years ago on a number of occasions and he looked bang average at the conference south level. Can't see this lad making it in LG2 sadly.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
According to the official site he's played 345 minutes which amounts to 3.8 full games

Rosencrantz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone has an opinion. Ben is a bit in the same position as MJ was in that anyone who has seen him in the U23'S, Youth and at Dorchester can see what he is capable of. Hard work, get under the defenders feet and goals in Ben's case. It is a matter of translating that in to the first team.

Although MJ needed a change of position to get the best out of him dropping back in to midfield, Ben needs to play in the width of the box more and haunt the six yard box which is his natural game. Most of all, he needs a good run in the team, and like MJ did, a goal to get him off and running.

Sturtz might not change his opinion but Ben could easily replicate Tom Nichols in terms of goals for us and type of player. And from what little I have seen, Lewis Wilson is similar.

Grecianpasty

Everyone has an opinion. Ben is a bit in the same position as MJ was in that anyone who has seen him in the U23'S, Youth and at Dorchester can see what he is capable of. Hard work, get under the defenders feet and goals in Ben's case. It is a matter of translating that in to the first team.

Although MJ needed a change of position to get the best out of him dropping back in to midfield, Ben needs to play in the width of the box more and haunt the six yard box which is his natural game. Most of all, he needs a good run in the team, and like MJ did, a goal to get him off and running.

Sturtz might not change his opinion but Ben could easily replicate Tom Nichols in terms of goals for us and type of player. And from what little I have seen, Lewis Wilson is similar.
Your comparison to Tom Nicholls is a good example. Nicholls looked small, weak and out of his depth when he first started playing for us. I see a lot of similarities with the two.

This will be a good year for Ben.