• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Chrisene

denzil

"Perhaps you should consider who their manager it. He probably has a high opinion of "little old us" given that he signed Ollie for Brentford, and now it would seem has come back for Chrisene ?"

But we get Fcuk all in return - what did we get for Jay Stansfield ? Who has come to us from Brentford and Villa - Nobody !!! IT IS NOT RECIPROCAL - IT STINKS !!

ryancooper327

"Perhaps you should consider who their manager it. He probably has a high opinion of "little old us" given that he signed Ollie for Brentford, and now it would seem has come back for Chrisene ?"

But we get Fcuk all in return - what did we get for Jay Stansfield ? Who has come to us from Brentford and Villa - Nobody !!! IT IS NOT RECIPROCAL - IT STINKS !!
Not sure I’d want Grealish to be honest.

Boyo

People often say "Ooh they mentioned that Ollie/Ethan/Matt/Jordan/etc came from the Exeter academy, that's good publicity isn't it?" No, it's not, it's ****, it just means any half brained ******** scout can come down and take a well trained player for f**** all! I'd rather they give the credit for developing Watkins to Plymouth to be honest, praise doesn't pay any bills. This system sucks.
Imagine a 11 year old lad with options of playing for City, Argyle or Brizzo Rovers. Which academy does he sign for?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Imagine a 11 year old lad with options of playing for City, Argyle or Brizzo Rovers. Which academy does he sign for?
Chelsea

Red Devon

I don’t know why these young players can’t be kept under wraps for longer...what’s the point of giving them time in the first team at the age of 15 if they’re going to be stolen when they turn 16.

denzil

I don’t know why these young players can’t be kept under wraps for longer...what’s the point of giving them time in the first team at the age of 15 if they’re going to be stolen when they turn 16.
Should 'we' be getting more protection from the EFL for our gems ? Remember too that many of these youngsters already have Agents FFS - these agents unsettle the kids with the talk of the big time rather than to establish yourself locally then we can all cash in.

DawlishBouy

Chrisene played for England under 15’s a year before his City debut and had trials with just about very Premiership club as well as some in the Bundesliga in the intervening period. His selection for the first team will increase his value if any fee is decided by tribunal.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chrisene played for England under 15’s a year before his City debut and had trials with just about very Premiership club as well as some in the Bundesliga in the intervening period. His selection for the first team will increase his value if any fee is decided by tribunal.
Is the correct answer.

IndoMike

The thing is in football there isn't a lot of loyalty in either direction. A player can be at a club for 10 years but when his performances start to fade his club isn't going to extend his contract for 3 years based on emotion, is it?

I'm disappointed that Chrisene, Ampadu and Jay all left but I'm not disappointed with them, but just with the system.
It's a pity that academy players can't be tied to their club until they're 18.

As long as the academy can provide players who are good enough to play for our first team then it's worth it.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The thing is in football there isn't a lot of loyalty in either direction. A player can be at a club for 10 years but when his performances start to fade his club isn't going to extend his contract for 3 years based on emotion, is it?

I'm disappointed that Chrisene, Ampadu and Jay all left but I'm not disappointed with them, but just with the system.
It's a pity that academy players can't be tied to their club until they're 18.

As long as the academy can provide players who are good enough to play for our first team then it's worth it.
Agree with Mike.

What really sticks in the craw is these clubs all have their own massive academy systems and yet still cream off the best from the smaller clubs just to add more bodies. Vast majority end out on loan - in Chelsea's case all over Europe. If there were strict, really strict, rules about sizes of academies and first team squads (including loan players), that would help.

Chrisene will go to Villa. He'll play some U18 matches, possibly some U23's. He will then go on loan to Walsall or Oxford to get some game time. Then he'll come back.
Then in 2021/22 season he may go on a season long loan to get adult football. Shrewsbury say.
Then he'll come back again

But he'll be being paid a lot more than he would at ECFC.