• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bath City PSF

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would love Kite to make the break through this season but we have to be realistic about all academy players they are not all going to make the step up as it the biggest step in there careers
One or two have been given more than enough chances and there are one or two who in my opinion have not got what it takes to make the final step.
This is of course statistically true but there are always enough outliers like Jamie Vardy to be wary of generalisations; and some players like Matt Jay do not come good until they are in their 20s. The skill is to know how long to persevere with any given player.

If a player has been give a decent run of games to prove themself and don't make it, that's one thing. Judging someone who has only been given relatively few minutes and / or played out of position, that's not evidence that "they have not got what it takes".

We all have opinions, that's life, but I for one will withhold conclusion until there is clear evidence re Kite, Seymour and others.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is of course statistically true but there are always enough outliers like Jamie Vardy to be wary of generalisations; and some players like Matt Jay do not come good until they are in their 20s. The skill is to know how long to persevere with any given player.

If a player has been give a decent run of games to prove themself and don't make it, that's one thing. Judging someone who has only been given relatively few minutes and / or played out of position, that's not evidence that "they have not got what it takes".

We all have opinions, that's life, but I for one will withhold conclusion until there is clear evidence re Kite, Seymour and others.
Good post John, completely agree!

Trapdoor

This is why I'm not completely writing Seymore off just yet. I still think he needs to adapt to the mans game but he may come good given time.

Bridgy 81

I agree judging how long to persevere with a younger player is a big responsibility and a difficult task and I don’t envy those who have that role.
But as we have done very well in recent years bringing in so many players from the academy to the first team squad (and with more on the way) the club also has to balance how long to keep a later developing player in relation to their (albeit probably not excessive) cost but more importantly ensuring they don’t block the pathway for an even younger, earlier developing player who needs one of the limited places in our squad to accelerate their progress further.

Red red

I have been a big supporter of Kite and I really hope it was an off night against Bath. I wanted him to play more last season maybe that’s why I was a bit disappointed. But definitely not on his back and definitely want him to break through

Memphis09

Totally agree likewise there are players that are outstanding in there early years then disappear of the radar
Al in all are academy does a brilliant job long may it continue
We are always going to have players that some me included who think they are not up to the standard required but that is why we have forums it’s no good us all agreeing with everything
By the way our new number is going to be some player

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree likewise there are players that are outstanding in there early years then disappear of the radar
We are always going to have players that some me included who think they are not up to the standard required but that is why we have forums it’s no good us all agreeing with everything
4/10

See me.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Memphis09

4/10

See me.
Sorry went to seaside yesterday
I will try to do better next term

Red Bill

Sorry went to seaside yesterday
I will try to do better next term
Make sure you do or it'll be detention next time! ;)