• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow v Exeter Discussion Thread

Legohead

Banned
The team make the long trek up to Cumbria for this re arranged match on the back of a much needed win and much needed improved performance at Cambridge. So can we build on that and come away from Holker Street with the points? I am expecting nothing less, although this is the kind of match we'll probably drop more points in. Barrow are only 6 points off the relegation spots but have 2 games in hand so they should be ok, although obviously they will be looking for a decent result against us to keep them away from a swift return to the non league scene.

Given their league position and the fact that they lost at home against Grimsby, which takes some doing - we should be winning this game. However, i then notice that they beat Cheltenham away fairly recently too. All in all though, anything other than a win would be unacceptable IMO.

That's not to say that it will be an easy thing to do but the weather forecast is looking a lot better than it was when the original fixture was postponed. Tuesday night in Barrow looks like sunny intervals, 8 or 9 degrees and barely any wind according to the met office, so perfect for us.

I'm going for a much cagier game than the one at Cambridge and going for a 2-0 win. Williams and Bowman to score.

Barrow have a player called Josh Kay too. Hopefully no confusion will ensue.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The team make the long trek up to Cumbria for this re arranged match on the back of a much needed win and much needed improved performance at Cambridge. So can we build on that and come away from Holker Street with the points? I am expecting nothing less, although this is the kind of match we'll probably drop more points in. Barrow are only 6 points off the relegation spots but have 2 games in hand so they should be ok, although obviously they will be looking for a decent result against us to keep them away from a swift return to the non league scene.

Given their league position and the fact that they lost at home against Grimsby, which takes some doing - we should be winning this game. However, i then notice that they beat Cheltenham away fairly recently too. All in all though, anything other than a win would be unacceptable IMO.

That's not to say that it will be an easy thing to do but the weather forecast is looking a lot better than it was when the original fixture was postponed. Tuesday night in Barrow looks like sunny intervals, 8 or 9 degrees and barely any wind according to the met office, so perfect for us.

I'm going for a much cagier game than the one at Cambridge and going for a 2-0 win. Williams and Bowman to score.

Barrow have a player called Josh Kay too. Hopefully no confusion will ensue.
Rightly or wrongly I get the feeling that Barrow is a team with a lot of fighting spirit and will not be a walkover. Hopefully our team will be up for this and not get too carried away with the great win against Cambridge. We should be confident, but not over-confident.
Hope we win and think we'll win, but we already know with City anything is possible on any given day

Solo la victoria nos interesa.

Squeezebox

Will try and wave to the team bus as it goes by the bottom of our road on the way to Barrow (only 28 miles away!). How bleddy frustrating to be so close!

Colesman Ballz

Will try and wave to the team bus as it goes by the bottom of our road on the way to Barrow (only 28 miles away!). How bleddy frustrating to be so close!
Perhaps you could employ that old tried and tested method of blagging your way into gigs ? Simply pick up the kit as they are unloading it from the bus and carry it into the ground ! 😎

Squeezebox

Perhaps you could employ that old tried and tested method of blagging your way into gigs ? Simply pick up the kit as they are unloading it from the bus and carry it into the ground ! 😎
I did contact Radio Devon to volunteer my services - if not as summariser then to carry the microphones! Unfortunately I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply! Oh and don't panic, it's started snowing!!

Red Devon

Looks to be a few bare patches on the pitch but quite hard so should help us get the ball forwards quickly.

STURTZ

If the players are anything like the people of Barrow they'll be grizzled and hard as nails. Don't think they'll play into our hands the same as Cambridge did. Hopefully our recent result will give us the confidence to turn them over. Hope Bowman manages to stay on the pitch!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope Bowman manages to stay on the pitch!
Hmm, yes, opposition teams seem to be targeting him more than ever and refs are looking for fouls by him, though he can be his own worst enemy sometimes with his prominent elbows. Barrow can be expected to have done their homework.

A less experienced / aware ref than Johnson yesterday might have sanctioned both him and their RB Knoyle, who was clearly tasked with niggling him, more severely.

Maybe Matt and the team need to both protect him better and ask him not to react so obviously.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some important games elsewhere on Tuesday:

Morecambe v Scunthorpe United Away win please

Bradford City v Crawley Town Away win please

Harrogate Town v Leyton Orient Home win please

Newport County v Carlisle United Draw please

Salford City v Bolton Wanderers Draw or away win?

Walsall v Tranmere Rovers Home win please

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some important games elsewhere on Tuesday:

Morecambe v Scunthorpe United Away win please

Bradford City v Crawley Town Away win please

Harrogate Town v Leyton Orient Home win please

Newport County v Carlisle United Draw please

Salford City v Bolton Wanderers Draw or away win?

Walsall v Tranmere Rovers Home win please
Most important game is City winning at Barrow !
Afram City