• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow build up and discussion thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the rules pre Covid were that the home club had to pay all/some of the away side's wasted travelling costs in the event of a (late?) postponement. hence the need to make a decision before City set off.

I wonder what the cancellation fee for the overnight hotel will be...
Hopefully they will just switch the booking to the revised date for a minimal fee, if not never use that hotel again !

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully they will just switch the booking to the revised date for a minimal fee, if not never use that hotel again !
I hear that the players had already set off when news of the postponement was announced.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hear that the players had already set off when news of the postponement was announced.
Do you work for MI5 or summat Martin ? 😎

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you work for MI5 or summat Martin ? 😎
MI6 international man of mystery me ;)

OmanGrecian

The media team had got as far as Bristol

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The media team had got as far as Bristol
I heard the players were around the Birmingham area.

sign of the chimes

We're in a similar boat/snow plough to you; were due to be playing away at Accrington tomorrow but was called off at lunchtime today due to frozen pitch. I'm gutted as we didn't have games over the Christmas break due to COVID in our squad; and whilst I've been watching other games on the TV it's never the same as watching your own side. On the plus side we hadn't any games postponed before Christmas so don't have an existing backlog - for whatever reasons League One seems to have been the most affected in the Football Leauge to this point - however, I wouldn't mind us losing our upcoming FA Cup and Sherpa Vans games so we're not playing Saturday, Monday, Thursday come the end of the season.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've had a decent winter break. Hopefully will set us up nicely for second half of the season!

Red red

Red red

Weather in Barrow. Think someone jumped the gun