• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow away - Tuesday 17th August

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two nights, but not at the 'Spoons which others such as NDGs and Exiles are doing.
Dave G is staying there too...A right old knees up in the offing by the sound of it !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Dave G is staying there too...A right old knees up in the offing by the sound of it !
Expecting to meet up for a post-match curry.

Squeezebox

29 miles away for me - now my nearest fixture thanks to bleddy Morecambe going up!

Grecian_in_Plymouth

hopefully going - still a decent trip from wakefield

Leads

New ground for me and 99% of others I would have thought... such a mish, especially on Tuesday but this is what football is all about. UTC.

les.gtfc

Wrap up warm, Barrow is always freezing, no matter what time of year you go.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wrap up warm, Barrow is always freezing, no matter what time of year you go.
Colder than Oldham?

les.gtfc

Colder than Oldham?
For me it always has been, yes. I've been 3 times at various times of the year. Once was late April when the rest of the country was in a mini heatwave and it was still freezing.

Coldest time though was when I went in January once. Only time I have been colder at a match was an FA Cup replay at Halifax in December 1987, when you literally watched the pitch turn white in front of your eyes as the game went on. We were awful that night too and lost 2-0 which made it even worse.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like it’s pay on the gate at Barrow ?
I have seen nothing about advanced tickets.

Not that I could travel a long distance on a coach these days but are Grecian travel running a coach for this one ?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me it always has been, yes. I've been 3 times at various times of the year. Once was late April when the rest of the country was in a mini heatwave and it was still freezing.

Coldest time though was when I went in January once. Only time I have been colder at a match was an FA Cup replay at Halifax in December 1987, when you literally watched the pitch turn white in front of your eyes as the game went on. We were awful that night too and lost 2-0 which made it even worse.
Come on Les tis always colder in Grimsby (unless Hollo is manager of course !) ?