• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow away - Tuesday 17th August

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Disappointing that this is on a Tuesday. Have asked for the Wednesday off so I can stay somewhere locally on the Tuesday night.

Anyone else going?

Number13

Yep, planning too and stay with friends in Kendal but only if my team dont have a game that night 🤞🤞🤞

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, there and back same day.

Colesman Ballz

Disappointing that this is on a Tuesday. Have asked for the Wednesday off so I can stay somewhere locally on the Tuesday night.

Anyone else going?
I am not sure that Barrow is famed for well appointed accommodation. Iirc heard stories years ago about an "Hotel Miami " in Clegg St, it was actually situated in a basement and known locally as Wuthering Depths ! :unsure:
You can probably find somewhere decent nearby in the Lakes though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I am not sure that Barrow is famed for well appointed accommodation. Iirc heard stories years ago about an "Hotel Miami " in Clegg St, it was actually situated in a basement and known locally as Wuthering Depths ! :unsure:
You can probably find somewhere decent nearby in the Lakes though.
On the train so will restricted by what I can do. I've had Ulveston suggested.

Oldsmobile-88

Yes..A overnighter for me.

I would have gone up & back in a day at one time but having the aggravation of parts of the motorway network being shut down after 10pm these days for maintenance & repairs can make it a long journey back.
After a tortuous journey back from a midweeker at Scunny in 2019 I decided I would be tucked up in bed by 11pm in a hotel in future rather than negotiating a not well signposted diversion route.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have booked a refundable hotel for the Tuesday night - the Wednesday is my birthday 👍

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Trains are expensive! Been playing with split ticketing and the fares go up not down :(

Hotel booked, and I have the Wednesday travelling Cumbria.

Oldsmobile-88

Trains are expensive! Been playing with split ticketing and the fares go up not down :(

Hotel booked, and I have the Wednesday travelling Cumbria.
Are you staying in Barrow ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are you staying in Barrow ?
Two nights, but not at the 'Spoons which others such as NDGs and Exiles are doing.