• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow(A) Tues 17/8/21 Discussion Thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jason's preview

Topsham Boy

Having watched the first two league games on iFollow, based on current form and fitness my team for Barrow would be

Dawson
Dyer, Ray, Hartridge
Caprice, Kite, Atangana, Rowe,
Brown
Seymour, Amond

Dons hard hat and waits for inevitable criticism for suggesting Seymour should start ahead of Jay.
Sweeney for Hartridge and please anyone but Seymour.

jase 07

Having watched the first two league games on iFollow, based on current form and fitness my team for Barrow would be

Dawson
Dyer, Ray, Hartridge
Brown
Seymour, Amond

Dons hard hat and waits for inevitable criticism for suggesting Seymour should start ahead of Jay.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Atangana is injured

wiveygrecian

Yes that’s correct and I think we need Josh Key in that lineup too IMO

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster

Dawson
Dyer, Ray, Hartridge
Brown
Seymour, Amond

Drop Seymour, push Brown up front and Jay in behind and Dieng instead of Big Nige as he is crocked and you might just be there (if Hartridge is available).

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, I took myself off-line as soon the game ended on Saturday so I missed that. That means we only have one fully fit central midfielder.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Drop Seymour, push Brown up front and Jay in behind and Dieng instead of Big Nige as he is crocked and you might just be there (if Hartridge is available).
Dieng didn't look fit against Orient and had to be substituted off at half-time. If he's not recovered by Tuesday Harry Kite could be playing in central midfield by himself. MJ also didn't look fit or is severely lacking in confidence or both and from what I could see on iFollow contributed less to the game than Seymour. I would also like to see what Seymour can do alongside an out-and-out striker like Amond before we write him off completely.

tonykellowfan

I have to be honest and say I would rather play Dodd or Cox than Seymour.

Grecian_Nick

In addition to the other known injuries/loanees I am presuming that Attangana is out injured, Nombe out with Covid (impossible for him to get 10 days in between Bradford and tomorrow) and good chance that Hartridge not ready to start as, even if he is not suffering Covid after effects, he won't have trained properly for at least 10 days. Perhaps Bench only

Starting line up:
Dawson
Sweeney Ray Dyer
Key Kite Dieng Rowe
Jay
Amond Brown
Apart from Hartridge for Dyer (if I am wrong) then only other senior pro who could potentially play is Caprice

As others have said Jay playing so deep does not seem to be working - but given available players seems likely we will see him, Brown and Amond all play tomorrow.

Bench - this is what highlights how exposed we are. Having looked through the entire squad I think we can only name:
GK - Lee (and we have back up in Brown)
Defence - Caprice and Hartridge or Dyer (only other possible 'First Team' defender we have fit and not out on loan is Alfie Pond - listed as a Midfielder in First Team but Defender in under 18's)
Midfield - Dodd (after him it is only then Alfie Pond - See above - or under 18's)
Forwards - Seymour and Hanson
I know some will say Cox - and maybe he should get the chance given potential - but looked very lightweight in the one brief pre-season appearance I saw. And Hanson may well be ahead of him for now as he was named on the bench against Wycombe.

So I'll go for: Lee, Caprice, Hartridge, Dodd, Pond, Seymour and Hanson

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The game is live on iFollow, so no point giving POVs from the those at the game!