• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow A.F.C. v Exeter City Matchday Thread

milts

The comment about being unconcerned by the lack of goals is desperate, it’s alarming, goals are everything in football they win you games. what if these players are back in the side and not scoring? Why Archie Collins DM/CM was mentioned in the topic I will never know. Nombe has played 1 league game for us yes, played championship and L1 too but Literally next no record of scoring goals regularly and with Taylor saying he will “pretty much guarantee we will get better in an attacking sense“ (I know we paid a fee and gave him 3 years etc) but that’s a lot pinned on Nombe to lead us to glory and seems like a lot of eggs are in 1 basket. As many said all summer ok Nombe is in brilliant, and he’s certainly got the makings to be a serious player and I myself do believe he will score goals for us but if he’s injured or absent in poor form whatever we are absolutely fxxxxd.

Still lacking quality and depth in a number of areas and struggle to see both quality and depth being addressed to the extent it needs to by the end of august. However i am looking forward to returning to SJP this coming weekend, hopefully I’ll be a good omen.
I can’t see how Nombe scores goals in this team. We don’t create chances.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
My view of that match is as follows. Dawson in goal did not look very good. Not much composure, stuck to his line most of the time only time he ran out he nearly gave a goal away.
I agree, Dawson did look shaky on occasion, but I'm assuming the high wind and rotten weather in general were a factor. Some dodgy moments though, like that two fisted punch come flap when it almost looked like he could have caught the ball? I do think hes a good keeper though and hope he stays injury free. We have problems all over the field without having to bring in one of our trainees for him for any length of time.

Ex-ciderrr

You do have a point there (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I said it was the wrong decision as soon as it was made, before the season started. He’s a well liked lad but ni leader so it’s a double problem - we’re not being led correctly on the pitch and he’s also now much harder to drop/rest of he’s off form.

I like Jay a lot, but the captaincy was a big mistake
I think a few other players would do better than jay, e.g. Ray or Hartridge.

I do worry that Jay is carrying an injury.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I said it was the wrong decision as soon as it was made, before the season started. He’s a well liked lad but ni leader so it’s a double problem - we’re not being led correctly on the pitch and he’s also now much harder to drop/rest of he’s off form.

I like Jay a lot, but the captaincy was a big mistake
I don't know if you remember when Tis gave another Matt (Matt Gill) the captaincy? He actually asked Tis to be relieved of it after about ten matches, saying it was affecting his game.

Albumen

You do have a point there (y)
I’d hope that Nombes strength and pace would mean that we get more possession further up the pitch. Which should give us more opportunity to create chances. 🤞🏻

Albumen

I don't know if you remember when Tis gave another Matt (Matt Gill) the captaincy? He actually asked Tis to be relieved of it after about ten matches, saying it was affecting his game.
Interesting. I’m not sure Jays captaincy is the reason we/or him aren’t clicking yet. Need Jay fixed though… he’s so integral to us.

Banksy

Just catching up on this as I was out yesterday. Honest opinion from anyone who watched the game , once the dust settles what are our chances in this league this season assuming we have to go with what we’ve got? And taking into account injuries that will seemingly take out some players for months.Genuine question.

SimonBB

Key plays best at full back.

Callum Rowe on the bench whilst Caprice looked uncomfortable down the left all night, though I guess we were just sticking with experience in those conditions.

hillview red

Which is why I think Matt T mentioned Collins alongside Nombe and Coley regarding the lack of goals.

I think we need 3 additional players... Another ball playing midfielder (Collins is a HUGE miss at the moment - the others try hard and run around a lot but lack real quality), a pacey wide man to complement Coley and a more physical striker as an option.