• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow A.F.C. v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Calm down son. You need to watch your blood pressure at your age
Easy Grandad, im still young thank you. Just because you've taken so much hemp oil to help your aching joints doesn't mean no-one else is allowed to criticise.

simcity

What a dull way to spend 2 hours watching that. Clinging on to a 0-0 away at Barrow says it all for me.

The formation is crap which then causes the style of football to be crap. We hardly ever get any one forward and when we do we mess around with it on the right then try to cross a ball into the box with one striker in it.

According to BBC we had 5 shots in the game but i don't remember any of them. How we let them have 13 shots and 10 corners is ridiculous.

No doubt the happy clappers will be praising the fact we had another clean sheet and a point but if that's all we're hoping for from a game we're in for a long 8/9 months...

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a horrible niggly team Barrow were, yes we were sh1te and didn't create anything but the amount of pushing, shoving, grappling and holding, going on was unbelievable. With another ref there wouldn't have been any open play. There fans sounded like aholes as well

With our decimated squad a point is good, still early season and no doubt Matt is on the blower as we type, but as others have said not the free flowing stuff of yesteryear.

Worried about Dawson he seemed very hesitant and unsure he's definitely isn't Jokul.

The bright parts of the game were the central defenders Sweeney Ray and Hartridge, the strikers Brown and Amond and their running, also Kite playing 90 minutes good experience for him. I liked Nige when he came on but Caprice was very disappointing, I don't think he beat his man once, likewise Josh was off his game as well, and I don't think the captaincy is suiting little Matt. Comes to something when your only shot on target was by Seymour enuff said on to the Gas

Exehausted

Matt Taylor said last week that Archie was walking without pain and that hopefully this week they could test if he could jog/run. I took that as being potentially hopeful.

Just glad we didn’t lose tonight. We definitely need some more in before the end of the month, and once we get a couple of the absent players back so we can field a full and stronger bench hopefully we can see some improvement.
Thanks for putting me straight, I'd missed Matt saying that about Archie.

Smithyno6

Remember when we used to believe we’d beat teams and expect it. Now we’re not sure when we’ll score again or who we will beat.

jimbo-gould

That was rubbish. Taylor’s plan B last season was switching to a 352. Now our plan B is our plan A without a backup option. All while having worse players. Regardless of if these marquee players come, I’m not convinced the man in charge is good enough to get anything from them.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh well, we weren't exactly outplayed despite being down to bare bones. Its clear MT doesn't rate Rowe but surely he has to play LWB over a completely right footed Caprice!
I'll put the goalkeeping errors down to the wind. Maybe with Nombe back we can see some chances coming our way.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is a tool of the highest order
Give him his due though, it provided the highlight of the match ! :p

Trapdoor

He must rate Rowe at least a little bit, he's just signed the bloke!

dontpassback

A point on the road,but it’s going to be a long old season and we don’t appear to have strength in depth,let’s hope we can score against the gas