• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow 26 Apr 22 pre match discussion

Cowshed Grecian

Think he's a great squad payer personally, and offers some much needed physicality, if only his finishing could improve....
That's the major factor for me, he takes too long to get the ball out of his feet. He's a 1 goal in 6 game type of striker, he misses a hell of a lot of chances that people seem to give him leeway for, i can't knock his work rate but i think he's a League 2 squad player at best.

Bridgy 81

That's the major factor for me, he takes too long to get the ball out of his feet. He's a 1 goal in 6 game type of striker, he misses a hell of a lot of chances that people seem to give him leeway for, i can't knock his work rate but i think he's a League 2 squad player at best.
Maybe one factor on whether or not he’s here next season are the profiles of the other centre forwards we sign.
I’d like four strikers in total, who could be interchanged depending on form, fitness, potential suspension, the opposition and for in game circumstances.
You don’t want all four to be too similar though, so to cover various bases, perhaps a couple of big ones and a couple of smaller, quick ones could be handy.
Not sure if we can consider Sonny as one of those four yet, especially with the (hopefully) higher league we’ll be in next season.
If Sam is fit and able to play regularly I’d see him as a first choice and hopefully the new recruits to play alongside him will be consistent goal scorers, adding to those from Matt, Jevani, Tim and others.
If it ends up looking anything like the above I could potentially see Oz being here next season to give us an option of physicality and disruptiveness, if we can be reasonably confident of goals from elsewhere.
My understanding is that he’s still under contract with Barrow though so I can’t see us parting with any type of significant fee for him.
Maybe if Barrow retain Phil Brown he may want a clear out (i.e. be willing to cancel some contracts) to enable him to bring his own players in?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see that on Facebook fans have us already promoted. I worry they're jinxing it :oops:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see that on Facebook fans have us already promoted. I worry they're jinxing it :oops:
Hubris is a dangerous thing as the chap found in 1992

tonykellowfan

Maybe one factor on whether or not he’s here next season are the profiles of the other centre forwards we sign.
I’d like four strikers in total, who could be interchanged depending on form, fitness, potential suspension, the opposition and for in game circumstances.
You don’t want all four to be too similar though, so to cover various bases, perhaps a couple of big ones and a couple of smaller, quick ones could be handy.
Not sure if we can consider Sonny as one of those four yet, especially with the (hopefully) higher league we’ll be in next season.
If Sam is fit and able to play regularly I’d see him as a first choice and hopefully the new recruits to play alongside him will be consistent goal scorers, adding to those from Matt, Jevani, Tim and others.
If it ends up looking anything like the above I could potentially see Oz being here next season to give us an option of physicality and disruptiveness, if we can be reasonably confident of goals from elsewhere.
My understanding is that he’s still under contract with Barrow though so I can’t see us parting with any type of significant fee for him.
Maybe if Barrow retain Phil Brown he may want a clear out (i.e. be willing to cancel some contracts) to enable him to bring his own players in?
We are never going to have 4 strikers that are going to be rotated.

We will have one main striker, a decent back up and then a couple of loan players and Cox.

Nombe is definitely good enough for L1 in my eyes, it will be getting a decent back up that will be the hard part. If we are in L1 next season I don't see any of Philips, Zanzalla or Amond being good enough so we need a decent loan from higher up and an older player to be part of the set up.

STURTZ

There is suddenly an epidemic of "Stuckincrawleyitis" breaking out on these boards ! 😁
That's it, I'm off!

Rosencrantz

That's it, I'm off!

I think you mean, "That's it, I'm off!" 😉

Banksy

In the circumstances at twenty mins past eight , whoops.