• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow 26 Apr 22 pre match discussion

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
On the same theme as above ,I remember being at the Park for our last home game of the promotion year when we played ( I think ) Chesterfield. We won 6-1 , a game we had to win to give us any chance of going up.We were waiting excitedly to see whether Alan Banks was playing and he appeared with his injured leg strapped up and scored a couple! Think I’ve got that right , so long ago!

STURTZ

My memory of that day at Doncaster was after the final whistle the players went back to the dressing room , I was standing at the top of the tunnel and an Exeter fan asked me if he could go down to the changing room and bring the players back out for a ‘ curtain call ‘ naturally I said yes and they duly appeared back on the pitch . I don’t suppose that person is on exeweb , reads this and remembers the incident .
I was in the club bar, standing on the table singing City up Argyle down, Hallelujah!

Red Devon

Would like to think so but it would be a risk to start him

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amond will start.He is clearly 3rd choice centre forward after Saturday. Seems likely that Nombe will come on with 20 minutes to go.Should be a very different approach to the start of the match.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Grecian2K

I remember that game well and as we were celebrating, some Doncaster yobs were throwing bottles over the stand at us. Later, as we drove away from the ground we were followed by a car load of them and we eventually lost them in the back streets. Happy days! :ROFLMAO:
All being well Doncaster won't be a problem for us next season.
Happier days! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Martin Weiler

How many times have we been promoted at St James Park, the last 2 weren't, 89/90 was, not sure about the rest?
Yes - a bit of a quirk of our history; promoted 5 times but only once at SJP:

1964 - @ Workington
1977 - @ Doncaster
1990 - @ SJP
2008 - @ Wembley
2009 - @ Rotherham (Don Valley)

grecIAN Harris

Big Bank not quite sold out. I have to get Chloe's ticket refunded as the silly mare has to work on Tuesday

grecIAN Harris

Listening to Matt Taylor's post match interview on Radio Devon it didn't sound like he would start Nombe on Tuesday. As well as Chieck did yesterday, Stubbsy is a must if he is fit and Jacko back in for Caprice down the left. 3-0 City and Swindon to avoid defeat against those Vegan tossers preferably by finding some home form and turning them over.

Martin Weiler

How many times have we been promoted at St James Park, the last 2 weren't, 89/90 was, not sure about the rest?
The other seasons we shouldn’t forget were the golden years in the early 1930s.

1930/31 - QF of FA Cup (and the only time City have ever appeared in the FA Cup Semi Final Draw)

1932/3 - Runners up in Division 3 South. But only the Champions promoted. The closest we have ever been to the Second Tier.

1933/4 - Won the Division 3 South League Cup. Our first trophy as a professional team.

All a reminder of how special these seasons of success are.