• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow 26 Apr 22 pre match discussion

Memphis09

Yes - a bit of a quirk of our history; promoted 5 times but only once at SJP:

1964 - @ Workington
1977 - @ Doncaster
1990 - @ SJP
2008 - @ Wembley
2009 - @ Rotherham (Don Valley)
Must be old I remember them all UTC

TOP_CITY_FAN

Like the past few… just win.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes - a bit of a quirk of our history; promoted 5 times but only once at SJP:

1964 - @ Workington
1977 - @ Doncaster
1990 - @ SJP
2008 - @ Wembley
2009 - @ Rotherham (Don Valley)
In 1990 it looked like the Grecians were going to clinch promotion at Gillingham, but were foiled by a equaliser near the end of the game at Priestfield.
Terry Cooper was fuming iirc, I had mixed feelings like many others because it meant we could seal promotion the following Tuesday against close rivals Southend in front of a big crowd at SJP.

It seems like yesterday that myself & fellow work colleagues met up in The Golden Lion, Newtown before that game(as we did for every home game)

arthur

It would be good to give Phillips a start. After Zanzala's misses on Saturday he should be dropped anyway

geoffwp

Totally gutted to be having to miss this. 😞

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Down to 500 spaces as at 7 hours ago so would hope most of those would be gone by Monday evening.

looking at barrows away record and results they don’t score many and don’t concede a lot so it doesn’t suggest a three or four nil victory. Obviously same as the last couple the first goal is massive and hopefully we get it even earlier than we did in the past two. I would love a first half like Bristol rovers or maybe Swindon to blow them out of the water quickly but wouldnt be surprised were it to be either 1-0 or 2-1 with my blood pressure slightly elevated.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be good to give Phillips a start. After Zanzala's misses on Saturday he should be dropped anyway
Phillips is the forgotton man of Exeter City. After not making the squad last time out I'm not sure Matt would be starting him. More likely I think that Amond will start and Phillips or Nombe come on between 60-70 mins.

Red Devon

Phillips is the forgotton man of Exeter City. After not making the squad last time out I'm not sure Matt would be starting him. More likely I think that Amond will start and Phillips or Nombe come on between 60-70 mins.
There’s something to be said for experience in games like these!

Grecian Koala

Must be old I remember them all UTC
All of these successes have been in my lifetime and I’ve followed them all but one. I have however only enjoyed 2 of the promotions first hand. My excuses are that I was 1 year old in 1964 and left the country in 2006. I expect to miss the promotion game this time but will be getting up eat 4am to watch the game v Barrow then heading off later that morning to airport to fly back from Sydney for the party v Northampton or if required SJP v PV. UTC

manc grecian

Totally gutted to be having to miss this. 😞
Absolute disgrace Geoff.

Reactions: Egg