• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnsley home - Discussion & Prediction Thread

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Our three home wins have all come on Saturdays against sides that have far more physically taxing midweeks than City (and our worst home performances/results have been when City have had the taxing midweek). Their first choice XI won't need to be rested/rotated.

This time Barnsley have had the weekend off, whilst ECFC have played (admittedly we haven't had to travel) So this will be very very difficult on a number of levels. Including Barnsley not under-estimating us - we beat then at Oakwell when their last five league games were W4 D1 L0 ,I ncluding away against Sheff Wed and previously drawing away at Ipswich.

Boyo

Some nice comments from the Barnsley manager on us:
I also note they have sold 700 tickets (compared to 330 for the Tuesday game that was p-p), so a few extra quid thanks to the cold snap in January.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Travelling to Exeter on a Tuesday night isn't favoured by many teams I'd imagine. Home advantage means a point is well within our capabilities and don't write us off for a win either.

CWH-NYC_

This is all pointing to hopefully a cracking game and atmosphere. Really looking forward to see how we match up to them.

Grecian2K

Lest we forget we've already done an "in-form Barnsley" at Oakwell this season
Goodish side that they are let's hope we can do the double...ideally via Stanno doubling his Big Bank tally!
Nothing to fear...save fear itself.

Alistair20000

I found this very concise post most interesting as it seems from "Alerts" that it was in reply to one of my posts. :)

Paignton red

Just got my tickets…bleddy mad we are selling out games! Attendances this season have gone through the roof.
it’s because of all the supporters from other clubs that have changed to supporting City 😂😂

Pmc grecian

Some nice comments from the Barnsley manager on us:
I also note they have sold 700 tickets (compared to 330 for the Tuesday game that was p-p), so a few extra quid thanks to the cold snap in January.
They have sold 400 don’t know where you got that from ?

tom_ecfc

Just got my tickets…bleddy mad we are selling out games!
We would have sold a lot of these tickets for the original match and then with limited tickets remaining being snapped up after our 5-0 win and recent good home win.

I agree though that it’s brilliant we are nearly selling out most weeks.

tom_ecfc

Where did you hear the 700 tickets sold?
FE649878-8922-4746-8980-14F582DA8A31.jpeg