• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnsley home - Discussion & Prediction Thread

Cowshed Grecian

Collins in for Kegs, Key on the right, Sparkes on the left with Caprice dropping to the bench.
GC loves Caprice. He will start LWB I reckon. I’d like to see a midfield of Kite, Collins and White in the same team. Jev and Nombe up top

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d go with:

Jamal

Key
Sweenz
Cheick
Hartridge
Caprice

Kite
White
Archie

Jevani

Sam

With Stanno on the bench as a finisher when Barnsley are tired.

burtiew

I’d go with:

Jamal

Key
Sweenz
Cheick
Hartridge
Caprice

Kite
White
Archie

Jevani

Sam

Can't argue with that. Will it happen though?

Boyo

I’d go with:

Jamal

Key
Sweenz
Cheick
Hartridge
Caprice

Kite
White
Archie

Jevani

Sam

I think this is our strongest team (excluding a fully fit Stubbs). Jev seems to thrive in the 10 role, rather than as an attacking midfielder, which he is forced to play when both Sam and Stanno play.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jason's preview

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree, I’d like to see Josh played at right wing back for the next few games, get him back in his groove. Jake and Jack to tussle for the left wing back spot.
The solution is to flog Key for mucho dinero, Caprice on the right, Sparkes on the left, invest in a new centre back and a fox-in-the-box to finish some of the chances that Key has been wasting recently.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We need to hold steady for the first 15 minutes

I seem to be remember we hit them early at the start of both halves earlier this season at their place.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d go with:

Jamal

Key
Sweenz
Cheick
Hartridge
Caprice

Kite
White
Archie

Jevani

Sam

Don't think Jamal will be fit enough

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting no one anticipating any signings coming in over the next 24 hours, bearing in mind how close we thought Mattie Pollock was to signing. Watford away to Middlesbrough on Saturday so no mid week game and a full week for their squad to shake of their injuries plus he wasn't even on the bench on Saturday so could we see a signing in time for tomorrow, it would be nice.

Another thought I have had and unlikely to happen is when(?) Sam Stubbs is back could Hartridge play as LB or LWB, with a back three of Sweeney Stubbs and Pollock/Diabete, he is more sound defensively and also does like to come forward may not have the pace for LWB but does Jack Sparkes. Here to dabble.