• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Banning order for racially aggravated abuse

Razor ain't in the same league as this to55er. Razor just likes a few jars before a game.
Razor is a legend, this bloke was stood in front of me when this happened, and I can confirm he is a ****.

Am I the only one surprised that the ban was so short? Or is that fair enough? Just feel that letting off a smoke bomb or trying to get one into a ground is no where near as bad as what that guy did, yet (usually) yields a greater punishment.

Ian Mancey

Because the term 'coloured' and 'half cast' isn't really acceptable these days. 20 years ago perhaps.
Don't want to add fuel but

What is the appropriate term?
Maybe showing my ignorance here but I am confused how you say or address the fact someone has different coloured skin?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember when the esteemed Ian Huxham was chairman, him refering to any relevant players as being 'coloured'. It did jump out a me somewhat coming from him; although as Snoop Fog says, it was the in term 20 odd years ago. Half cast always seemed rude and crude, but what are the alternatives? mixed race I guess.

Ian Mancey

Fair point Pete

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't want to add fuel but

What is the appropriate term?
Maybe showing my ignorance here but I am confused how you say or address the fact someone has different coloured skin?
The appropriate term is 'black' or 'mixed race'. The term 'coloured' is generally considered offensive.

supernova

Razor was once stood in front of me at Argyle and both him and his mate were shouting the N word at Reid. Had a word and all that... so I don't think he is innocent of these accusations

grecian55

Razor eh ............ there is a lad that went down hill very rapidly as soon as he got in with the older lads ,i remember when he used to sit on the terrace by pillar 2 eating his packed lunch that his dear Nan had made him , always used to offer his food around too ,last time i saw him was last season down Exeter High Street arguing with 2 Coppers ,only one winner there .

Red Lion

The term 'coloured' is generally considered offensive.
So I gather now but had no idea until I saw on another thread on Exeweb only a few years ago.

Seriously, didn't know it was a no-no and defended the guy who used it (presumably unwittingly).

How are you supposed to keep up with what has become offensive?

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
So I gather now but had no idea until I saw on another thread on Exeweb only a few years ago.

Seriously, didn't know it was a no-no and defended the guy who used it (presumably unwittingly).

How are you supposed to keep up with what has become offensive?
Just by doing what you've done - listening to people, treating their views with respect and then changing the words you use.