• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automobiles : Good,Bad & the Ugly.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’ll be interesting to see if electricity really is the future, given that the vast majority of electricity is made by burning fossil fuels and electric car batteries use rare metals, which are rare (obvs) and also difficult to obtain. That’s before the energy it takes to build a new fuel station infrastructure.

I know Elon Musk has convinced everyone that electricity is indeed the way forward to save the planet (whilst also using huge amounts of energy for an unnecessary space tourism vanity project), but I’m not convinced yet that it will prove to be the panacea to climate change that the world thinks it is.

Happy to be proven wrong though!

OmanGrecian

My new wheels in Italy. Love these cars, they have engines that will go on forever. Picked it up for a bargain, but also know they are becoming collectible cars so will make a tidy profit too.

IMG_8060.JPG

DB9

My new wheels in Italy. Love these cars, they have engines that will go on forever. Picked it up for a bargain, but also know they are becoming collectible cars so will make a tidy profit too.

View attachment 6590
Didn't the early versions of these have a tendency to flip over easily taking a corner too fast?

OmanGrecian

Didn't the early versions of these have a tendency to flip over easily taking a corner too fast?
They still do, but still fun to drive

Reactions: DB9

DB9

They still do, but still fun to drive
I know its not the same vehicle but a smaller version of Daisy Duke's in Dukes of Hazzards, Now if you had Daisy Duke of that era beside you that would be rather nice. :love:

grecIAN Harris

I know its not the same vehicle but a smaller version of Daisy Duke's in Dukes of Hazzards, Now if you had Daisy Duke of that era beside you that would be rather nice. :love:
Dukes of Hazard was a Jeep rather than the Suzuki pictured.

DB9

Dukes of Hazard was a Jeep rather than the Suzuki pictured.
Yep, Thats why i said Not the same vehicle, A smaller version of the same genre.

Oldsmobile-88

10 years to recoup the extra cost of a electric car,says Which ?

0768F461-50C4-424F-99EC-CE34EC81FE59.jpeg

Grecian2K

I know it's the "dreaded" Guardian but a very interesting and informative article today.
Funny how little has changed a century or more later! (The "battery problem" still remains unsolved, for example)

Trapdoor

Anyone planning on taking the plunge for an EV yet?

Im planning to run my Honda civic into the ground over the next five-seven years and then make the change.