• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automobiles : Good,Bad & the Ugly.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's a car parked in our road that has a residents permit but is parked outside of the bay on double yellows. It had a ticket put on it yesterday and another one today. Does anyone know if there's a maximum number of tickets that will be issued before they do something more drastic like towing it?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
My car had its MOT the other day which had been extended after originally being due in May. I don't do a huge amount of distance normally but it showed that in the last 18 months or so i'd done about 3,500 miles.
I've been burning up the motorways too. 7,000 miles in the last four years.

Alistair20000

I've been burning up the motorways too. 7,000 miles in the last four years.
A lot of legwork for a Hound

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
A lot of legwork for a Hound
Or wheelwork for a Rover!

Oldsmobile-88

When I was working I was driving 20k miles around the Devon area,plus around another 20k in my own vehicles annually,usually up & down the M5/M6 too many times than I care to remember on football trips & forays up to the West Highlands.

Oldsmobile-88

The story is probably not common,but does highlight some of the issues going forward with electric vehicles.
I did wonder if the Tesla charging points were exclusive to that make.

Oldsmobile-88

I was bored,checking the DVLA car tax site,put in a couple of registrations from cars I had in the 1980s.Most were off the road & not taxed after they reached 12-13 years old,except one a 1959 Rover 100 which was a immaculate collectors car when I bought it for £800 in 1985 SDR 119,still taxed & MOT’d !!
I had it for about a year before I sold it for £1,000(the only time I’ve sold a car for more than I payed for it)
Bought a Ford Granada 2.8 Ghia(KPU 521V) afterwards(£1,900) According to the database,was off the road(not taxed) by Dec 1991.

Great that the Rover is still on the road after 52 years.It was white with a red leather interior.I did a couple of weddings for people in it.
The doors,bonnet & boot were aluminium to save on weight & the back doors were the ones that were the suicide variety.999D7FD3-DA19-41AF-9F73-CFCE35A26309.jpeg

Alistair20000

Love that old Rover Olds. (y)

DR was a bleddy Plymouth registration though. :mad:

Glad its not just me that looks up my old cars.

DB9

Sad thing about those Rovers were they were built like tanks and were very popular in banger racing circuits and most ended their lives doing that.

Rosencrantz

Love that old Rover Olds. (y)

DR was a bleddy Plymouth registration though. :mad:

Glad its not just me that looks up my old cars.
Better than stalking old girlfriends on Facebook 😉