Automobiles : Good,Bad & the Ugly.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’ll be interesting to see if electricity really is the future, given that the vast majority of electricity is made by burning fossil fuels and electric car batteries use rare metals, which are rare (obvs) and also difficult to obtain. That’s before the energy it takes to build a new fuel station infrastructure.

I know Elon Musk has convinced everyone that electricity is indeed the way forward to save the planet (whilst also using huge amounts of energy for an unnecessary space tourism vanity project), but I’m not convinced yet that it will prove to be the panacea to climate change that the world thinks it is.

Happy to be proven wrong though!

OmanGrecian

My new wheels in Italy. Love these cars, they have engines that will go on forever. Picked it up for a bargain, but also know they are becoming collectible cars so will make a tidy profit too.

IMG_8060.JPG

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
I know it's the "dreaded" Guardian but a very interesting and informative article today.
Funny how little has changed a century or more later! (The "battery problem" still remains unsolved, for example)

Trapdoor

Anyone planning on taking the plunge for an EV yet?

Im planning to run my Honda civic into the ground over the next five-seven years and then make the change.