• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automatic v Plymouth in the play off final

Ian Russon

Am I the only one who'd choose Plymouth in the play off final over reaching the automatics?

Playing Plymouth at Wembley would only happen once in a blue moon, something that may never happen again for 100's of years. It could actually happen this year! That makes me very excited.

Legohead

Banned
There is of course the chance that Plymouth might beat us and that would be unbearable.

Automatic for me without doubt and hopefully Plymouth lose in the play offs or don't even get there. That may be equally as pleasing.

Exehausted

Automatics for me against playing anyone in the play-off final. We've done Wembley 4 times and only won once. To get there you have to have had a good season and all of our semi final wins were thrilling, with the Carlisle game being just about the best and the worst of games in my 53 seasons following City. However, with defeat comes the reality that we will start the next season back in the fourth tier (I know that the Morcambe defeat meant that we stayed in the 5th tier)and that another season of tremendous effort has come to nothing. That sinking feeling would be multiplied 10 times over if the defeat was to Argyle. I'd rather not make the final than lose to them thanks!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Automatic. No-brainer.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would happily see us play them in a play off final if a play-off final is where we're at.
But rather than automatic promotion? No.
Automatic promotion = job done and more time to prepare over the summer.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
3 out of 4 times losing there and a chance of losing against Plymuff just to top it all and totally ruining a summer, Not a frigging hope in hell, Autos all the way

Ian Russon

It seems I am on my own on this one then, Mods can happily delete the thread now then :)

Legohead

Banned
It seems I am on my own on this one then, Mods can happily delete the thread now then :)
Be a dull world if we all thought the same way. ;)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Automatics - that's what we strive for surely

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am I the only one who'd choose Plymouth in the play off final over reaching the automatics?

Playing Plymouth at Wembley would only happen once in a blue moon, something that may never happen again for 100's of years. It could actually happen this year! That makes me very excited.
Yes.