• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automatic Promotion

exeter-loyal

Would it though? Seems like it's 3 from 4 now. Best thing to help would be for any one team (ideally not us!) to drop off a cliff. Might suit us better for one of the teams to get battered and go into a death spiral. Ultimately, the bar for promotion will be whatever points the less successful of Plymouth and Crewe get.
I hope the crowd is going to be decent on that Tuesday night for Crewe. Need the ground to be rocking for that one, huge game!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would it though? Seems like it's 3 from 4 now. Best thing to help would be for any one team (ideally not us!) to drop off a cliff. Might suit us better for one of the teams to get battered and go into a death spiral. Ultimately, the bar for promotion will be whatever points the less successful of Plymouth and Crewe get.
That's why I said "at the moment". In retrospect we might find that it would have been better for one of them to lose.
Crewe have been a bit like City, but they tend to win or lose, not draw. But have been near the top all season And they score late goals, too
If Plymouth lose and we win at Macca, it gives us a little breathing space .
Im getting a bit nervous. Bleddy Argyle

exeter-loyal

That's why I said "at the moment". In retrospect we might find that it would have been better for one of them to lose.
Crewe have been a bit like City, but they tend to win or lose, not draw. But have been near the top all season And they score late goals, too
If Plymouth lose and we win at Macca, it gives us a little breathing space .
Im getting a bit nervous. Bleddy Argyle
If we keep winning we will do the business. Crewe home and scum away are massive now!!

STURTZ

This is building to the biggest crunch of all time! can't see much affecting the fact that Arg*le v City is going to be huge!:D

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
If perish the thought Plymouth win on Tuesday that would put all three, Swindon, Plymouth and City top all with 63 points but we would be third on GD.

Mac could indeed have a lot to say in where we all are after Saturday as apart from the Plymouth game their next game is away to Crewe.

Meanwhile we have Northampton away who although losing ground a bit are one of our bogey teams and Plymouth and Swindon are home to Cambridge and Grimsby respectively. Games they should win although both Cambridge and Grimsby are going through somewhat of a resurgence.....so ever hopefull.

Nothing is decided in February or March but I feel that our results over the next six weeks, particularly Crewe at SJP and Plymouth away, are going to have a great bearing on whether we make the automatics or not.

Last edited:

IndoMike

What worries me about the Argyle game is if the referee is strong enough to ref the match fairly, or will he be swayed by the baying hordes of half-man, half-beast locals.
The usual things can happen : cards for our players and not for theirs, penalties for them and not for us et al.
Let's face it, Div 2 refs often take the easy way out. I'd say we' re a goal down before the match starts.

Automatic promotion will be secured at Mansfield on Easter Monday and I will only have to travel 15 miles to see it 😁

Legohead

Banned
Automatic promotion will be secured at Mansfield on Easter Monday and I will only have to travel 15 miles to see it 😁
Same here. I'm a couple of miles closer. :)

Promises to be a great day that. I'm going down for the Morecambe home game on Good Friday too so i'll see both games over Easter for the first time ever.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For most of the season it’s felt like we haven’t been scoring enough goals but after the last week we are now the 9th top scorers in the whole EFL!

andrew p long

For most of the season it’s felt like we haven’t been scoring enough goals but after the last week we are now the 9th top scorers in the whole EFL!
ten goals in a week has made a big difference...