• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Australian Rules Football

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Okay after round 18 (there are 23 rounds) the Adelaide Crows (Isca's team of old) are still at the front (after a draw with Collingwood). Collingwood are not very good this year so maybe a slip for the Crows. Sydney Swans surprisingly lost to Hawthorn, surprising in that Sydney were easily the form team and were flying. The West Coast Eagles (Mr Stroud) picked up a win but alas St Kilda (Edin) and Essendon (Fred) both lost.

It is very tight in the table (or ladder as they call it). You need to be in the top 8 after 23 rounds (matches) to qualify for the big knock out thingy at the end of the season (Isca or Stroudy can explain that bit as still a bit new to me).

As things stand Adelaide Crows are pretty much guaranteed and will probably win the league, but the Swans are currently in 6th, West Coast Eagles in 8th, Essenden in 10th and St Kilda in 11th. West Coast in 8th currently have 40 points but you get 4 points for a win here, and 11th place St Kilda are on 36, so all to play for in terms of the teams that Exewebbers are interested in..........

My next live game for me is the 12th of Aug where Sydney Swans play Fremantle (one of the perth teams).

StroudGrecian

I'd forgotten that Fremantle had a combined AFL team these days - I would certainly have supported them had they existed back in the early 90s.

My 'non-league' team then was my local one - East Fremantle (Sharks), whose derby with South Fremantle (Bulldogs) was always a feisty affair, before the two merged in 1994/5 to become the 'Fremantle Dockers' AFL team of today.

iscalad

iscalad

Thank you Swans :)

Last edited:

iscalad

Go Crows

Top of the town!!! ��
A record 84-point win in Showdown XLIII

Avening Posse

Just about to get on the train to go and see Sydney Swans play Fremantle dockers, will do an update on Monday ��

iscalad

Essendon v Adelaide Crows is on BT sport 3 tomorrow from 10am, if any one is interested.

iscalad

Essendon v Adelaide Crows is on BT sport 3 tomorrow from 10am, if any one is interested.
Ooops, don't know why I said tomorrow, as I was just about to go downstairs to watch the match. Anyway, another stunning victory for the Crows.

Avening Posse

I am sat on the sofa waiting to see the Adelaide Crows play the Sydney Swans, undoubtably THE game of the weekend, the peanuts are open and the beer is flowing :)

Avening Posse

Have a small bet on Sydney to win by 20-29 points........