• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Attendance figures

logman

Do Exeter City count non attending season ticket holders in the official attendance?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
No. If they're not there they don't get counted.

logman

One of the Bristol clubs directors has said otherwise when he stated that all clubs did as do they... I never did trust any of them.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Season ticket holders generally go through the turnstiles and are counted there (other than the odd few who may be going in hospitality in any given week). If they don't go through the turnstiles they don't get counted, end of.

Couldn't give a flying fig about what Bristol clubs do or their directors say.

Lister

Do Exeter City count non attending season ticket holders in the official attendance?
The attendance is the number of people in the ground, ie all those that entered via a turnstyle. By the way, the sponsors entrance is a turnstyle, so they are counted as well. Complimentaries are also counted.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would imagine it's a legal requirement to count the people entering the ground for health and safety reasons ie a fire or similar. At least then the emergency services would know how many missing persons they would be looking for if something like that occurred.

Borat

I would imagine it's a legal requirement to count the people entering the ground for health and safety reasons ie a fire or similar. At least then the emergency services would know how many missing persons they would be looking for if something like that occurred.
But i bet they don't count the players and backroom staff ;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, Gail I'm sure is right. It would be a serious H&S risk to declare x in the ground when actually there are y there - if there's a fire and the y numbers are accounted for, this would lead to thinking that there are people missing.

Although this doesn't stop Histon counting their sponsor - who instead of a cash sponsorship bought about 300 STs - from including these "invisible" ST holders in their attendances (except, of course, for Cup games where the takings are split...)!

Red Nose

Yep, Gail I'm sure is right. It would be a serious H&S risk to declare x in the ground when actually there are y there - if there's a fire and the y numbers are accounted for, this would lead to thinking that there are people missing.
LOL - the reason is obviously for H&S purposes, although I don't think that includes counting the number of people, should there be a fire. Can you imagine someone asking all fans to congregate in an area so someone can perform a head count?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't the turnstiles have little counters on them? I'd also imagine that someone counts the hospitality lot too.