• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Arrivederci San Siro

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It looks like the famous San Siro stadium,home to AC & Inter Milan days are numbered.
It’s a iconic ground I have always wanted to visit after seeing it on TV during Italia ‘90.

Anyone on this board visited?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't understand "culturally irrelevant"!

It's impressive, I only wandered around it and popped in to the club(s) shop when there in January.

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^
It looks fantastic..What a design !

DB9

It was only re-vamped for Italia '90 and still looks the part and quite iconic. Aren't they moving to a new stadium close by?

Oldsmobile-88

It was only re-vamped for Italia '90 and still looks the part and quite iconic. Aren't they moving to a new stadium close by?
Yes...I expect there is some sort of financial kick back involved.

DB9

Yes...I expect there is some sort of financial kick back involved.
Its Italy, Wouldn't expect anything less! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Avening Posse

Looks great on the outside and on the TV when matches are on.. Never been so don't know how dated the facilities are in the ground. Shame they can't keep the facade and just refurb it, but i guess that is more expensive than starting again. Amongst the many crap ones, there are a few great new stadiums, so hopefully this will be one of them

Spoonz Red E

It looks like the famous San Siro stadium,home to AC & Inter Milan days are numbered.
It’s a iconic ground I have always wanted to visit after seeing it on TV during Italia ‘90.

Anyone on this board visited?
I was at this one.

Shearer ran the show.
Lot's of fan mixing outside the ground without too much trouble and then a real bear pit atmosphere inside.
I got the tickets while on a snowboarding holiday in Italy and was in with the Milan fans up on the second level.
One of our group was a Geordie and we had to be creative when celebrating Newcastle goals - heads on our laps, pretending to groan when Newcastle scored whilst exchanging winks and nods.

Antony Moxey

Yep, went on a long weekend some time ago with SWMBO and her brother and his wife. Staid just around the corner from the cathedral and took a tram to see AC v can’t remember. Anyways, AC won, we had a great time and so did the locals. One thing I vividly remember is how steep the upper tiers were - you weren’t just looking vaguely down hill to see the match, it was like looking down at your feet.

Anyways, a superb experience - my first of football abroad - and Milan is a wonderful city well worth a visit too. If you get the chance to go you must.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yep, went on a long weekend some time ago with SWMBO and her brother and his wife. Staid just around the corner from the cathedral and took a tram to see AC v can’t remember. Anyways, AC won, we had a great time and so did the locals. One thing I vividly remember is how steep the upper tiers were - you weren’t just looking vaguely down hill to see the match, it was like looking down at your feet.

Anyways, a superb experience - my first of football abroad - and Milan is a wonderful city well worth a visit too. If you get the chance to go you must.
Great public transport, so easy to get around. Plenty to see, but make sure you book weeks in advance to see the Da Vinci's Last Supper.

Wish I'd done the stadium tour on my brief visit to Milan in January.