• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle..

You will always have history. Only time will tell how the other three pan out.
I think the fans will always be there, to have an average of about 7000 whilst rooted to the bottom of league 2 playing the sh*ttest football i've ever seen in my life is pretty decent to be honest.

The stadium - The grandstand desperatley needs to be knocked down, but there are more important things to do before that! (staying in this division!)

Potential - We are a big club, a top league 1 side/bottom of the champ is our natural level... thats where we've spent most of the 125 years that we've been around. Just need some arab billionaire to take us over ;)

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Well G.A.W. I admire your optimism, but its still going to be financially "interesting" before you can think of going forward.

Arab billionaire aside :cool: your history (given the size of your catchment area) indicates that,
potential wise, your club has predominately been an abject failure.

Well G.A.W. I admire your optimism, but its still going to be financially "interesting" before you can think of going forward.

Arab billionaire aside :cool: your history (given the size of your catchment area) indicates that,
potential wise, your club has predominately been an abject failure.

I think i'm optomistic, but at the same time realistic.

I know that at this current moment, we are the worst team in Devon, we are a shambles. The team is slowly improving and i think we'll manage to beat the drop.

Hopefully we'll be playing you next season! ;) But i also think you'll stay up.

We need to spend some money in the summer try and get out of this league as quickly as possible

mammooman

Potential - We are a big club, a top league 1 side/bottom of the champ is our natural level... thats where we've spent most of the 125 years that we've been around
If you do go down, and I say the word if because your recent results are encouraging, you'll need to change this mentality. Otherwise, a fair reflection I think.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think i'm optomistic, but at the same time realistic.

We need to spend some money in the summer try and get out of this league as quickly as possible
Where is this money coming from? Y'know being a realist an all I'd imagine you'd know.

MikeGrecian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyoTaekp5yU

Though 'pride before a fall' cuts both ways...
Still sends shivers down the spine though:D

Where is this money coming from? Y'know being a realist an all I'd imagine you'd know.
Dont have a clue! Brent saved us, but he doesnt seem to have much wonga to be honest!

hmm...

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dont have a clue! Brent saved us, but he doesnt seem to have much wonga to be honest!

hmm...
He has plenty of money. He just wont want to spend it on Argyle. There's hotels to build on the land innit.

The way I look at it, for the next 3/4 years you're paying off a years worth of footballers wages that you didn't pay at the time.

You're paying off a tiny bit of the millions of debt you got yourselves into, trying to maintain a champhionship club because the people of Plymouth couldn't be arsed to buy a ticket because they'd seen WHU the previous season at home.

This leaves a smaller pot of cash, and little or no outside investment from Brent meaning that your club is likely to be budget wise on a par with a club averaging about 4,000 fans a game. This in turn with a lack of investment opportunities at HP (boxes etc). I mean the "fanfests" may be fun but they're hardly a money spinner. You could well be stuck in the basement league for that entire time. As it stands playing the kids could be of great benefit to the club as they're probably the only saleable assets left. there is nothing else.

He has plenty of money. He just wont want to spend it on Argyle. There's hotels to build on the land innit.

The way I look at it, for the next 3/4 years you're paying off a years worth of footballers wages that you didn't pay at the time.

You're paying off a tiny bit of the millions of debt you got yourselves into, trying to maintain a champhionship club because the people of Plymouth couldn't be arsed to buy a ticket because they'd seen WHU the previous season at home.

This leaves a smaller pot of cash, and little or no outside investment from Brent meaning that your club is likely to be budget wise on a par with a club averaging about 4,000 fans a game. This in turn with a lack of investment opportunities at HP (boxes etc). I mean the "fanfests" may be fun but they're hardly a money spinner. You could well be stuck in the basement league for that entire time. As it stands playing the kids could be of great benefit to the club as they're probably the only saleable assets left. there is nothing else.

Hahaha unfortunatley most of what you're saying is true, And yes... i fear we could be stuck here for a while.

You dont always need to spend money though, chadwick, purse, feeney all on frees and purse and chadders could walk into most league 2 teams to be honest. Maybe a new manager, who knows!

Who have you guys got tomorrow?

mammooman

You dont always need to spend money though, chadwick, purse, feeney all on frees...
What do they get paid then?