• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle Takeover cost

older-codger

I would love to see some figures of exactly how much the "Saviour" has actually paid for them. Given that PCC has contributed 1.6 million, there are gate receipts to date of around 800K plus other match day income, there doesn't appear to be much other cash required.

The payments to creditors at 0.07p would amount to around £129K out of this leaving probably just under £2.4 million for other costs. Since players and staff are effectively receiving their delayed wages over a 5 year period, i.e. out of future income, it seems to me that PCC have actually bought the club and handed it over to Brent for free.

Good work if you can do it!!!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would imagine he is a sharp businessman as can be seem with the Russian Roulette senario played out with the Administration fee settlement.....He would not be mug enough to do the takeover unless there were strings attached for his business in some way...& who can really blame him...

He does not look like the usual mug who throws his personal wealth into that money pit of league football...

The rental for Home Park is cheap as well,given the crowds they still pull in..

Last edited:

STURTZ

I would imagine he is a sharp businessman as can be seem with the Russian Roulette senario played out with the Administration fee settlement.....He would not be mug enough to do the takeover unless there were strings attached for his business in some way...& who can really blame him...

He does not look like the usual mug who throws his personal wealth into that money pit of league football...

The rental for Home Park is cheap as well,given the crowds they still pull in..
Yeah, cheap for a league club and not so cheap for a conference outfit.

With no new manager apointed you wonder how much money is going to be spent in order for Plymouth to retain their league status.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Well they're reputed to be lining up Sven and Kevin Phillips at the moment.

And I hear Emily M'Penza and Terrible West are sitting by their phones as I type, just waiting for the recall.