• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we any worse than last season?

FiddlersCat

We were really really awful last season at Bury.
We were really, really, really awful at Bury this season.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course we're going to be worse than last season. We haven't got the player who was probably one of the top three in the division in his position and we're missing the first proven goalscorer we've had in donkies years.
Harley is irreplaceable at a club like ours but I'm sure something could have been done more successfully to replace Curo.

grecIAN Harris

We were really, really, really awful at Bury this season.
We're really, really awful at Bury most seasons. Have a look at the history books. The results will prove we've barely had any success in nigh on 90 years up there.

SG ReD

The issue is something is not right, We Sell our quality players but is the wonga being spent in the correct way.

We are a poor outfit but I dont blame Paul, Also can we not forget its still early on in the Season.

Poultice

We Sell our quality players but is the wonga being spent in the correct way.

I dont blame Paul,
Eh ?

So who exactly would you blame ?

The Cheese is the Big Cheese, he does what he wants and nobody at the club would ever have the balls to stand up to him.

hatch4england

If blame is being apportioned then in amy company the buck must always stop with the board.
This isn't a 'get at the board' thing, it just goes with the territory when you are a director.

dommers

If blame is being apportioned then in amy company the buck must always stop with the board.
This isn't a 'get at the board' thing, it just goes with the territory when you are a director.
Why does blame have to be apportioned? Perhaps we were lucky last year and just don't have the resources (which essentially is what long term success come down to) to be at that level without a lot of luck and the best the can hope for is a relegation battle as in our first year.

You don't expect the local corner shop to be able to compete with Tesco and Sainsbury's and price and profit which is probably why so many are going out of business. Why should football be different?

To me it's a bit like expecting me to run a 1hr 20 half marathon. It's just not going to happen. I can do 1hr 35 and probably 1hr 30 with some intensive training but anything better is beyond my abilities.

Poultice

Why does blame have to be apportioned? Perhaps we were lucky last year and just don't have the resources (which essentially is what long term success come down to) to be at that level without a lot of luck and the best the can hope for is a relegation battle as in our first year.
Finally the penny drops with Dimmers although I have no clue what the rest of his post was all about, the Cheese has been dog lucky, I would like to agree with Hatchy on blaming the Board but see us as being a bit different from the norm. Most boards in most football clubs reflect the ownerage, the majority shareholder being the MD or CEO or Chairman, usually the latter, we have uninvested Suits as directors and Man Utd supporting ex pen pusher as a Chairman.

Tis should be responsible to the Board, he isn't, in fact he doesn't trust them, neither did Bernstein, the Board should then be responsible to the owners, it isn't, they look at us and laugh, the BoS has about as much say in what goes on as my cat has in what he gets for dinner.

The Cheese will never have to change because the limp d*cks on the BoS are too scared of what comes after him, they fear change, the fact that the T/O has risen from 1.5 to 3.5 million and yet the team we had then was better than the team we have got now doesn't seem to be a problem to anyone other than a few of us fans.

dommers

One lucky year in five suggests Tisdale must be doing more right than wrong.

The rest of the post, which you didn't understand, was all about expectation. If any fans expected us to do as well as last year then they are being unrealistic.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Were without doubt worse than last season.

Harley , Cureton , Hamer , Taylor - massive losses.

Look at the replacements...only Buaza who isnt as good as Harley but in a simular mold looks like he may achieve anything.

Danny Coles or Matt Taylor - no question

We havent replaced Cureton

Hamer or Kyrsiak or Pidge ? - no question