• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

Albumen

Hiram Boateng scored a couple of wonder goals. He was massively overrated by many on here (as is often the case), he's done very little over the last two seasons and was shipped out very quickly by Tisdale's replacement at MK Dons. He's a decent league 2 player.

Collins needs to improve a lot to step up the levels.
Ok. Maybe you can score a couple of screamers and be an average league two player. Fair point.

Boateng appeared to lack consistency and drive...But I don’t think this is Archie. I know you don’t rate him. But I just see class. He’s sees a pass better than most at this level. He will play at a higher level. Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

hillview red

Agreed. Archie is class for someone of such a young age playing in the position he is. I’m not sure some people realise how difficult it is to play central midfield. Moaned at when you don’t get enough goals and assists, picked out when you lose the odd ball and hold on to it too long because of a lack of movement etc.

He never shirks, always wants the ball, plays a lot more incisive forward passes than he is given credit for, has an excellent injury record, covers a lot of ground, has a great passing range.

Clearly Archie has parts of his game to improve but Championship clubs are looking at him. But then again, what do they know... Nowhere near as intelligent as the people on here...

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Playing regularly in a decent Div 2 team and sometimes captain. Often playing quite well (although most Div 2 players have a bit of inconsistency) and all at the age of 20, when clearly he has scope and time for improvement. I wouldn't dare to predict where he will end up. To state categorically that he is just a Div 2 standard player is clearly absurd.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Collins still gets bullied when we play against bigger, tougher sides. He lacks physicality and urgency often getting caught out in dangerous areas.

He's a decent league 2 midfielder at the moment, nothing more.

I think he'd really struggle in league 1 and talk of him playing in the championship any time soon is pure fantasy.

Key (as a right back / wing back) and Randall are the big assets.
Josh and Joel have caught the eye this season but it's worth remembering that they are only 2 or 3 months younger than Archie and he as started twice as many league games as they have combined. And if we are talking about our big assets I would have Jack Sparkes on the list as well; he has been solid rather than spectacular this season but is still our youngest regular starter.

STURTZ

Archie reminds me a bit of Harry Winks in terms of appearance and style..
He reminds me of Tim Nice-But-Dim!:)

andrew p long

Agreed. Archie is class for someone of such a young age playing in the position he is. I’m not sure some people realise how difficult it is to play central midfield. Moaned at when you don’t get enough goals and assists, picked out when you lose the odd ball and hold on to it too long because of a lack of movement etc.

He never shirks, always wants the ball, plays a lot more incisive forward passes than he is given credit for, has an excellent injury record, covers a lot of ground, has a great passing range.

Clearly Archie has parts of his game to improve but Championship clubs are looking at him. But then again, what do they know... Nowhere near as intelligent as the people on here...
Lots of good points in this post. Its good to hear that Championship clubs are watching Archie. Do you know which clubs - and what's your source?

IndoMike

I'm afraid you've got me there, Sturtz. I have no idea who you're talking about.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Playing regularly in a decent Div 2 team and sometimes captain. Often playing quite well (although most Div 2 players have a bit of inconsistency) and all at the age of 20, when clearly he has scope and time for improvement. I wouldn't dare to predict where he will end up. To state categorically that he is just a Div 2 standard player is clearly absurd.
I said he was a decent league 2 player at the moment, emphasis on moment in case you miss it again.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here he is, two faced Terry.

IndoMike

I said he was a decent league 2 player at the moment, emphasis on moment in case you miss it again.
All your comments on this thread have been so-so on Collins. You have also said on this thread you don't think he's good enough for Div 1 or the Championship. I'm saying it's too early to tell. So all we can do is wait and see if you will be proven right or not. I'll buy you a pint if you're right. Of course we're talking about "at the moment", but (your) predictions are about the future. Who knows?