• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

Red Box

You're absolutely right, the people who are on the trip are perfectly entitled to enjoy their few days in South America. However, I had the impression that most of the people who were posting their comments were concerned with the effect it was having on the club and it's finances, not whether you or your mates were getting a tan....
If I'm not mistaken the title of this thread is 'Any more news on Brazil' So most comments are off topic and smack of sour grapes! By the way I already have a tan :)

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
130 people x 2 grand is 260k which is a hell of a lot of money. just a shame it doesn't look like the club will be seeing any of it in terms of profit as that would put a big dent in the pfa loan.

Red Box

130 people x 2 grand is 260k which is a hell of a lot of money. just a shame it doesn't look like the club will be seeing any of it in terms of profit as that would put a big dent in the pfa loan.
There is quite a few people traveling independently and paying nowhere near 2 grand so your figures are very inaccurate.

Thames Valley Red

Lets be clear I hope the Grecians that travel have a great safe time!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
There is quite a few people traveling independently and paying nowhere near 2 grand so your figures are very inaccurate.
Maybe so, twas a back of a fag packet calculation but pretty confident we are talking more than the 100k borrowed so point still stands imo. I'm not against the idea of the trip but just feel that it could have been done in such a way that made the club a decent profit. it should be something to celebrate but doesn't feel like it from this end.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It strikes me that, as not uncommon on Exeweb, several separate points are being conflated here, not helped by the ambiguity of the thread title. It doesn't just say news on the travel arrangements, it says news on Brazil.

1 I'm sure that everyone, like me, hopes all those that are going have a great time and feel they got their money's worth.

2 I do feel that the arrangements could have been handled better and that more could have been made of the publicity and sponsorship opportunities that the occasion make possible.

3 I do worry that despite the emollient statements from the Club there is a risk that it WILL end up costing the Club money and that there are short-term cashflow implications.

Because these different issues often get raised in the same post, it would be difficult to split them into two or three separate threads. Butch, Red Box and others are just gonna have to live with that, I fear.

Red Box

I think you need to look closer to home to see where the money is being hemorrhaged!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
The club said a hundred people had took up the package so not that far out.

Red Box

The club said a hundred people had took up the package so not that far out.
I wouldn't want you as my accountant Shabba :)

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't want you as my accountant Shabba :)
I'd probably do a better job as an accountant than the club do with their finances ;)

Last edited: