• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any idea when our retained list will be released?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
You're getting the entertainment business mixed up with a results business. People are generally happy when we win and upset when we lose, regardless of the entertainment factor.
Not necessarily. I know plenty of people, including me, who were thoroughly fed up with this season and seriously considering not renewing their season tickets such was the quality of entertainment on offer at the Park.

IndoMike

Ok, so I refer you to my previous point that results are generally perceived more important than entertainment.
If the result is more important than enterttainment, then why go to the match? Easier to stay at home and just check the final score.

Bittners a Legend

Good results tend to bring in higher crowds but entertainment is, at least partly, what keeps those people that don't expect us to win all the time coming back.

The entertainment at SJP has been awful for years mind you and crowds still seem to have held up so maybe I'm talking rubbish.

geoffwp

The entertainment at SJP has been awful for years mind you and crowds still seem to have held up so maybe I'm talking rubbish.
No I don't think you are. The core support is amazingly loyal. I guess we have nowhere else to go though.

dontpassback

No I don't think you are. The core support is amazingly loyal. I guess we have nowhere else to go though.
I agree,despite poor home form for the last few seasons,the support has been steady and generally supportive,I can't imagine many clubs where the fans would put up with the odd home win now and again.the red legion have been very supportive and it's a shame that the support seems to be taken for granted !

Bittners a Legend

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere, and take with a pinch of salt, but Joel Grant being linked with a move to League One. Northampton, Oxford and...Plymouth rumoured as being interested which I'm sure would go down well.

Story here http://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/8334/league-one-clubs-chase-exeter-city-ace-joel-grant/

EDIT: Just seen this mentioned in the thread at the top of the page - feel free to move/delete.

Last edited: