• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any idea when our retained list will be released?

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
And no mention of Ampadu???
Not old enough to sign a professional contract and he's already said he won't be leaving until he's 18 because of his education being a priority.

Boyo

Why on earth did Matt Jay, Robbie Simpson and Hamon get more than one year before?. Jay and Hamon wont make it into the first team and Simpson is rubbish neither should be near the first team tbh.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'd add Jamie Reid to your list.

I'm glad Watkins has at least another year.

Hopefully Joel Grant will sign again, although I would not have said that 6 matches ago (he was a revelation in the playoffs semis).

TAH being offered another deal is ludicrous. Tis does himself no favours sometimes.

Boyo

Not old enough to sign a professional contract and he's already said he won't be leaving until he's 18 because of his education being a priority.
When/where did he say that?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'd add Jamie Reid to your list.

Not really, Matt Jay has never been good enough. We didn't need 3 keepers so it would have been better to offer one year and then decide if needed and Simpson has an awful record.

andrew p long

Why on earth did Matt Jay, Robbie Simpson and Hamon get more than one year before?.
that's not what happened for Jay and Hamon. The club have been gradually offering new deals in recent weeks/months to players whose deals were due to expire. For example Lee Holmes deal expired this summer but we offered him a new deal a while back. Presumably Hamon and Jay have been offered a new contract in recent weeks.

andrew p long

And no mention of Ampadu???
He wasn't on professional contract so isn't on a 'retained list' The announcement was made months back that he was being offered a two year scholarship.

that's not what happened for Jay and Hamon. The club have been gradually offering new deals in recent weeks/months to players whose deals were due to expire. For example Lee Holmes deal expired this summer but we offered him a new deal a while back. Presumably Hamon and Jay have been offered a new contract in recent weeks.
If true then why on earth have they done that? Hamon may be the cheaper option but is nowhere near as good as Olejnik. Jay is nowhere near good enough

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He wasn't on professional contract so isn't on a 'retained list' The announcement was made months back that he was being offered a two year scholarship.
Fair enough.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
TAH being offered another deal is ludicrous. Tis does himself no favours sometimes.
Obviously he is being offered a minimal salary only to act as a back up in an injury crisis, which I expect is why he hasn't agreed to sign yet. I actually think that is smart management, not ludicrous at all.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obviously he is being offered a minimal salary only to act as a back up in an injury crisis, which I expect is why he hasn't agreed to sign yet. I actually think that is smart management, not ludicrous at all.
Has he? Ok so he's not signed yet but whose to say what terms he's been offered!