• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any idea when our retained list will be released?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't it the case that Tis said TAH had recovered from the injury that kept him out for much of the season (well, as recovered as he'll ever be!) and that it was only really down to none of Croll, Sweeney and Stacey (and Tillson?) doing anything to merit being dropped from the squad that he wasn't getting a look in?

I suspect, should he sign up, he'll be a regular benchwarmer next season.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, if you were gonna pick 3 players who need to reinvigorate their careers and performances it would be TAH, James and Simpson. No disrespect to any of them but not one is going to get us into Div 1. If we still have Croll and Sweeney that will be 2 more added to the "can contribute little" list.

Last edited:

IndoMike

We need quality, not just quantity.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess a bit of perspective is needed here. Ok so we have some players signed on who are poo, but then so do most clubs.

What's key is that all of our top performers from last season are all signed on, which is terrific. We need to bring in 2-3 players that will improve our first team and if (big if) we can do that we should do well next season.

Leads

Were the rumours that Jamie Reid was given a 5 year contract after those two goals against AFC Wimbledon actually true?!

LOG

No great shocks in there and without knowing the details of any of the deals it’s difficult to comment too far. Good to see that all of the "big" players are signed up though.

I’m not surprised that Bobby hasn’t been offered a new contract as there’s no real need to have both him and Pym when Tisdale seems willing to change them about. Bobby would have also been relatively expensive, I’d have thought, although the comment in the article doesn’t entirely rule out him being offered a new deal. If anything, it’s fair to him to allow the opportunity to find a new club rather than keep him hanging.

Not surprised to see McCready go either. Yes, he’s had an unlucky season with injury but then was never more than a squad player even when fit. Besides, you’ve got to wonder whether a 25 year old with a career 24 league appearances, including subs, under his belt (according to Soccerbase) is ever really going to add much value. No offence, like.

Troy AH is the interesting one. As noted, it could be that it’s either a relatively low wage or a pay as you play type of deal which might be why he hasn’t signed yet. For someone with his track record, the real value in any deal could be that he’d have access to our medical staff!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing once Watkins is sold Olejnik will be offered a deal. Whether or not many others come in is doubtful as Tis doesn't like to rock the boat.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Were the rumours that Jamie Reid was given a 5 year contract after those two goals against AFC Wimbledon actually true?!
I had understood that he'd been given a long contract at the time to protect our investment. Wonder what would have happened if he hadn't been injured.

malcolms

The fact that TAH has been "offered" a new deal is just proof, if it were needed, that PT is a stubborn person. He wants to keep him long enough so that he might be able at some stage to get 3 or 4 games in a row from him. This, in his mind, will justify the decision to offer him a contract in the first place. The reality is, and every one knows it, that this was a stupid decision and it matters not whether he's on "peanuts" or a sensible wage. The guy is not fit enough to be competitive and if he is, it will only be for a week or two before he breaks down again.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The fact that TAH has been "offered" a new deal is just proof, if it were needed, that PT is a stubborn person. .
I will admit that you have expert knowledge in this personality area.