• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another proud day for the academy

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
In last night's win against Southampton U21s in what is technically a first team game ECFC academy graduates comprise:-

10 out of 15 outfield players used , 5 of them under 18s

7 of the starting line up, 3 of them under 18s

7 of the finishing line up, 4 of them under 18s

2 of the U18s played all 94 minutes

DawlishBouy

Considering the opposition fielded five 16 year olds, two aged 17 and seven other teenagers combined with how small our first team squad is I don’t think this Papa John’s game can inspire that much pride.

Cowshed Grecian

Considering the opposition fielded five 16 year olds, two aged 17 and seven other teenagers combined with how small our first team squad is I don’t think this Papa John’s game can inspire that much pride.
Tbh I wouldn’t draw anything from this game, Soton didn’t field any of their biggest young prospects…and their talents in the squad who play for England etc at youth level were actually on the bench.

Simba3011

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seven of the starting line up today from the Academy and another four on the bench

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seven of the starting line up today from the Academy and another four on the bench

I wonder how much our academy has saved us in transfer fees etc let alone made for us ?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Add Lee, James, Jay and Cox to that team and you get a pretty decent looking all academy 11.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Add Lee, James, Jay and Cox to that team and you get a pretty decent looking all academy 11.
And with Harry making his debut tonight we can now field a full team of academy products who have played in the league this season.

tom_ecfc

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The 11 that saw out a 0-0 draw away at Derby in League One in front of 25,000 people had - wait for it -

EIGHT

academy graduates in the 11 at the final whistle.

Lee Key Hartridge Sparkes Collins Kite MJ Stansfield (with the other 3 being Sweenz Dieng and Caprice)