• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another L1 Manager gone ..

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Peterborough have parted company with Gary Johnson...

I've given up counting - is that 10 or more this season .... makes Tis look like a lifetimer in comparison to some ...

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
GJ was once talked about as a contender for some serious managerial position in the future, top top young manager and all that, where does he go now ?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
the last week or two have been ridiculous, can't remember so many teams looking for a new boss at same time during course of a season. Only good thing is believe tis (when he decides to go) is more likely to do so during a summer than mid season so not overly worried by any of these.

Mackster

GJ was once talked about as a contender for some serious managerial position in the future, top top young manager and all that, where does he go now ?
It would have been Bristol Rovers if they hadn't just appointed Dave Penney. I bet GJ is asking why he couldn't have been sacked last week.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interesting statement on their website

The Manager and Chairman could not see eye to eye on policy.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Tisdale where to leave i think Gary Johnson would be a wonderful replacement for him. But obviously i dont want Tisdale to leave coz hes the best manager weve ever ever had!

DB9

I wouldn't want him if he were the last manager on Earth. He had a go at our club when we were on our knees, saying we deserved to have points deducted. He is a total *****. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
DB9...

Times have changed, haven't they. We were fighting that points deduction at our lowest ebb. Had we incurred it, we'd have been the first. It would have made no difference, as things transpired in the league that season...

Now we see people crying out for the points deduction. What's the difference between City then and Argyle now (other than we couldn't pay our bills, they are still (just) managing?

GJ is a good manager and was absolutely right.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think looking back on it its a miracle(and a lot of hard work) that kept us afloat. BUt we have a wonderful fanbase. Not he biggest but alot of good people and we won the battles and eventually the war. We are credit to football and we deserve the success weve had over the last couple of years.

Larry

DB9...

Times have changed, haven't they. We were fighting that points deduction at our lowest ebb. Had we incurred it, we'd have been the first. It would have made no difference, as things transpired in the league that season...

Now we see people crying out for the points deduction. What's the difference between City then and Argyle now (other than we couldn't pay our bills, they are still (just) managing?

GJ is a good manager and was absolutely right.
Spank, I could not of put it better. Gj Is a quality manager with bundles of experience, I would rather Gj then Tisdale.