• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Andy Woodman

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For those old enough to remember the goalkeeping calamity, Andy Woodman from Terry Cooper’s final season with us, check out his interview on Under the Cosh:

Really funny guy and he starts telling his tale from his time with us at about 32 minutes in.

I was at both games when he got sent off. Really really dark times as a City fan!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
For those old enough to remember the goalkeeping calamity, Andy Woodman from Terry Cooper’s final season with us, check out his interview on Under the Cosh:

Really funny guy and he starts telling his tale from his time with us at about 32 minutes in.

I was at both games when he got sent off. Really really dark times as a City fan!
Is he still Gareth Southgate's best mate?

Copernicus

I was at that game......could not believe what I saw!

He went on to do....ok...at Norfampton I think.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember a game in the Football League Trophy on a Tuesday night when he was in goal in front of the the new (sparsely populated) Big Bank. I think it must have been versus Brentford? He got so much stick and fell apart.

I've never seen a keeper so affected by the crowd. I was at a full Hillsborough in November 1998 and David Beckham must have taken five or six corners yards in front of us and got dogs abuse and stuff chucked at him yet didn't seem to affect him. A few hundred in the Bank (which in those days was miles from the pitch) and Woodman went to pieces.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember a game in the Football League Trophy on a Tuesday night when he was in goal in front of the the new (sparsely populated) Big Bank. I think it must have been versus Brentford? He got so much stick and fell apart.

I've never seen a keeper so affected by the crowd. I was at a full Hillsborough in November 1998 and David Beckham must have taken five or six corners yards in front of us and got dogs abuse and stuff chucked at him yet didn't seem to affect him. A few hundred in the Bank (which in those days was miles from the pitch) and Woodman went to pieces.
He went to pieces every time he came back and played at The Big Bank end.

Arthur Davey

I will forever associate the words ‘Andy Woodman’ with the ‘Number, number, number one...oh, w...’ song...

ExmouthMart

Totally useless for us. I still can see that game now. We were desperate to progress in the Cup and out of nowhere that clown produces the sort of mistake he should still be having nightmares about..... Our supporters are pretty easy going with ex players but he was different. Booed every time and probably would be now. Trust me if you are too young to remember etc. and didn’t see it or the second time he was sent off. Was it the next game?! He was shocking.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think the last time he played at SJP was September 2004. We won 2-0 through Gaia and Flack.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure about that, I remember him playing well for Northampton several times and they generally used to beat us !

SaintJames

Arguably the worst player we have ever signed