• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ampadu in Wales squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redarrow

Fantastic Player Ethan, remember him running around with a ball when he was only around 5 or 6 and he is so natural, great to see someone like that with a great family make it!!

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep echo the congratulations brilliant for him as an individual and more great publicity for our club

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
IIRC he was with the Wales squad prior to the Euro's too?
He was invited to train with them, but this is different in that he has actually been named in the squad.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
fantastic achievement.

I understand that Wales don't have the same pool of players to choose from that England do but is Ethan really in the top 25 Welsh players that are available?

I'm taking nothing away from the lad but I'd imagine that this is Coleman trying to ensure he can only play for Wales and no one else!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
fantastic achievement.

I understand that Wales don't have the same pool of players to choose from that England do but is Ethan really in the top 25 Welsh players that are available?

I'm taking nothing away from the lad but I'd imagine that this is Coleman trying to ensure he can only play for Wales and no one else!
I think your assessment is spot on.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, similar to the Liverpool striker chap who is also eligible for England.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
fantastic achievement.

I suspect it is more about development. If you were going to pick a game in which to do what is suggested (and only playing counts IIRC) would you choose a World Cup qualifier?

A very good article (for once!) on Devon Live poses the 'and how does Jake Taylor feel about this?' Another question is 'if you have a big game coming up very soon,do you choose Ethan Ampadu or Jake Taylor?' A close call. But in two years' time the answer will be 'Ampadu,clearly'.

Wales are doing the right thing, with Ampadu being tested out stage by stage... by joining the official squad for training,being on standby and now in the training squad itself. Plainly he has shown he can cope with each stage. This time I suspect he will be omitted when the squad is trimmed from 26 to 23.

Massive congratulations again. And will his GCSEs be over in time?

Larry Wilkie

He was invited to train with them, but this is different in that he has actually been named in the squad.
Ah got you. Thanks Jason. As previously said on here, it would be great to see him get some game time on Sunday.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh the ironies...

1. Ampadu not in the Wales Under 20 squad for Toulon tournament because the rules say he's TOO YOUNG. So he is in the full international squad instead.

2. A very short close season break for him now..Wembley on Sunday 28 May, in June World Cup qualifier squad with Wales, 3rd July report for pre-season training. However he did start this season a bit late,due to still having Year 10 (?) classroom lessons during July when pre-season training was under way...

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you're quick Talksport are about to discuss this on Drive. They are asking " Have Wales sunk to a new low? "

Status
Not open for further replies.