• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Always playing catch-up

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here we go again. A very average Wycombe side that was seemingly there for the taking , give away a goal and spend the whole game playing catch-up. I don't care how much pretty pretty football we play , up , down and around the Park , how many shots did we have in the first half? One! This is the first time this season I've really believed that we are indeed going down , which would be a great shame after clawing ourselves up to this level. Perhaps we've come up too fast. If we lose our League 1 status now , it will be a long long time before we regain it.How we miss Gill in the middle of the Park.And where were Troy and Noone today by the way? Logan once again not given a start, but we actually got a few attempts in when he came on. Watson still in the reserves. Too many old men in the team I'm afraid.Same old , same old and it seems now the only way is down. Sorry , rant over but it was so frustrating sitting there watching the game today that I had to get it off my chest!

old and grey

you and a few thousand others.

Pete Martin (CTID)

.....This is the first time this season I've really believed that we are indeed going down .....
We have just gone up today....from 20th to 19th.

Here to be positive. :D

Liam McNamara

where could we of gone with an extra 2 points

oh to be negative :)

Alistair20000

team selection was wrong fleetwood and stanno not going to work why is logan not starting where the hell is McAllister,watson and Troy, Troy is one of are best players . Russell was crap then bringing Saunders who looked tired after 5 mintues on the pitch was crap. Scott Golburne had a good game Tully was good and stewart.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm afraid its the 'blue eyed boys syndrome'

I was hoping it wasn't but clearly now after a few games where certain players have under-performed but still get picked whilst others always warm the bench, It is clear that Tis has his 'gang' of favourites who he will pick no matter what.

Either that or he just cannot admit being wrong.

Thousands of us cannot be wrong.

These dire performances, tactics and team selections cannot be allowed to continue.

I still believe that Tis can keep us up, but he will need to face up to the problems he clearly has.

i_m

older-codger

If you recall his interview in the Times, he considers that he marks people out of 10 and some reach 6 without even touching a ball. Maybe he should adjust his marking criteria and take ability with a ball more into accont.

Ian Mancey

I still believe that Tis can keep us up, but he will need to face up to the problems he clearly has.

i_m
Agree IM

I know I will be shot down for this, as I havent been to SJP as often as i should, but today was the worst performance by 2 teams plus a ref I have seen for a lomg long time!

Wycombe were bad and we were as bad! the ref was dire

OK we gave a penalty away, but the ref missed 2 pens for us!

To be fair their keeper saved 3 definate goals. Marriot had little to do other than the pen!

but Tis has to, as IM says, face up to the problems we have in consistancy

Still believe we will be 10th. no probs