• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alfie Pond

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Go to Celtic or Rangers…….and then go out on loan at Elgin or Peterhead.
Farsley Celtic or Stafford Rangers might be a better fit?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Celtic or Rangers?? Really.
Both have put small bids in for him that the club rejected

Agent Andy

Scotland is a great place for any young pro to learn there trade , I would highly recommend it for any youngster 👍

SaintJames

Scotland is a great place for any young pro to learn there trade , I would highly recommend it for any youngster 👍
Why is it better than a club in England say in the Championship?

IndoMike

Especially if you're a goalie.

IndoMike

Go to Celtic or Rangers…….and then go out on loan at Elgin or Peterhead.
Good thinking..😀

Max Payne 2

This stuff with the agent getting in Pond's ear needs to be nipped in the bud before it starts unsettling the other players. I'm not saying play him because he's a squeaky wheel, but we shouldn't turn into a revolving door club either. Maybe a couple of months out on loan to L2 or a decent Conference club would be in everyone's best interests and get him out of the eyeline of the other young players.

Colesman Ballz

This stuff with the agent getting in Pond's ear needs to be nipped in the bud before it starts unsettling the other players. I'm not saying play him because he's a squeaky wheel, but we shouldn't turn into a revolving door club either. Maybe a couple of months out on loan to L2 or a decent Conference club would be in everyone's best interests and get him out of the eyeline of the other young players.
Matt would obviously like Alfie to go out on loan, but it seems that he is refusing to go, we can't force him. Presumably that is at the normal levels we use to clubs which are part-time. Loan rules are more stringent at the higher level and less flexible. He would still have to agree to go and we would need a club to want him. If the Agent has filled his head with "I can get you get X amount more money" playing in Rangers U23 squad he ain't necessarily going to settle for going somewhere else. It is a real conundrum !

Thames Valley Red

Mad Glasgow Celtic says news has broken about Alfie in their ranks, about a transfer bid, hew was asking me my opinion. I said he was better than Virgil Van Dijk :)

JCWhoosh

Matt would obviously like Alfie to go out on loan, but it seems that he is refusing to go, we can't force him. Presumably that is at the normal levels we use to clubs which are part-time. Loan rules are more stringent at the higher level and less flexible. He would still have to agree to go and we would need a club to want him. If the Agent has filled his head with "I can get you get X amount more money" playing in Rangers U23 squad he ain't necessarily going to settle for going somewhere else. It is a real conundrum !
Just a thought but why can't we force him? City are his employer, he is still getting paid and not like he has to uproute to play on loan. I'm sure he will get his travel cost reimbursed too.