• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alfie Pond

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if the loan opportunity Alfie had (and turned down) was with Yeovil in the National League. MT mentioned that Chris Hargreaves, now Yeovil manager -but who was on our academy staff a few years back - was keen to take our young players on loan , and I can't see many possibles beyond Pond Cox and Lee.
Yes it was Yeovil.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The problem is when a bigger club offers a kid (say) 3k a week (or more) they get stars in their eyes. They can buy the car they want, help their family, have good holidays, and save time. How many seasons would they need to play for City to recuperate that money? In addition they get the chance to train with "names" and learn from them it is a difficult to be deprived of this in order to play for Yeovil Town (with respect to Yeovil).
In either case, there is no guarantee of success or failure. I agree that our system gives them a chance to become a Div 1 first team player and the club looks after the kids well and of course would want Alfie to play for us, do well, and be transferred for big bucks. But in the modern age it's all about the money

Christian

That ship might have sailed as they signed Finley Craske TRANSFER | Finley Craske signs on loan for the season (ytfc.net)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
On the bench tonight.

Banksy

On the bench tonight.
Hallelujah.

Grecian2K

Good to see him get a full 45+2 minutes as well. (y)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not impossible Alfie may be needed against Cambridge if Pierce doesn't recover from his shoulder knock; not sure Sam will be able to play a second game so quickly.

IndoMike

Good to see him get a full 45+2 minutes as well. (y)
Quiet game, I guess.

Corey

Not impossible Alfie may be needed against Cambridge if Pierce doesn't recover from his shoulder knock; not sure Sam will be able to play a second game so quickly.
Surely Grounds would be first choice to come in in that instance? But yes could see Alfie from the bench potentially

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely Grounds would be first choice to come in in that instance? But yes could see Alfie from the bench potentially
I guess it depends whether Matt Taylor wants to play a balanced back three and whether he thinks either Hartridge or Grounds can play in the centre of the 3.