• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alfie Pond to Wolves for 500k

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wolves have got a defender!
Wolves have signed Alfie Pond from Exeter for £500k. He had joined Yeovil on loan earlier this month, a move which has now been cancelled after Wolves made their move. Pond, who is expected to link up with the Under-21 side, is at the training ground finalising the move.

From: https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/transfer-deadline-news-live/uIaufjyfJ58Q/

Simba3011

What is going on - good opportunity for him though

budegrecian

There surely must be future add ons?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wolves have got a defender!
Wolves have signed Alfie Pond from Exeter for £500k. He had joined Yeovil on loan earlier this month, a move which has now been cancelled after Wolves made their move. Pond, who is expected to link up with the Under-21 side, is at the training ground finalising the move.

From: https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/transfer-deadline-news-live/uIaufjyfJ58Q/
It's a pay wall. Fat lot of good that link is!@

andrew p long

There surely must be future add ons?
indeed. That's (nearly) always the ECFC style. Should be comparatively easy for Wolves to agree to, as they only pay out if (when) Alfie is a success

milts

I wonder where we’ll spend the £500k.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a pay wall. Fat lot of good that link is!@
I've copied the story in its entirety above. Just wanted to confirm the source.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder where we’ll spend the £500k.
After Xmas by the look of it unless of course there is overspend at C&F !

rifraf

Pond will.pass Jay Stansfield on his way down I imagine.

An we settle down now children?

Rosencrantz

I am guessing that with whatever has gone on with Alfie and his agent with regards to not signing a new contract we had to protect ourselves as best we could. If we have a good sell on it could be as good as we could get.

Just a shame that a lot of fans are not going to see such a good player in the first team shirt. We did everything we could do I think as we got Alfie on a pro contract as early as we could for as long as we could. I think there is a limit of the length of contract you can offer a 17 year old.