• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alfie Pond to Wolves for 500k

StudentGrecian

Listen to you lot...

One minute we need to spend more on players.

The next, players show no loyalty and, you know, agents.

All this after being told its the ownership model at fault.

Seriously, look at what you're posting and read it back before hitting "post reply".
🤦🏻‍♂️
MT has pretty much admitted both point 1 + 3 has he not?

larrywilkie

Cowshed Grecian

Is this true?

Cowshed Grecian

Right well this half a mill can be put towards the playing budget! Let’s not spunk it up the wall on a new carpark

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was a time we would have thought £500k was good money!

Cowshed Grecian

Was a time we would have thought £500k was good money!
Yeah back when you’re selling Martin Phillips for it.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe Alife is as good as he thinks he is and this will turn out to be a good move for him. However, while City have done well o get a decent sum of money in, this doesn't feel like a great move for a young player who had a pretty clear pathway to League One football in the next 12 months. I don't think City are to blame but the treatment of Yeovil is alsopretty shoddy. I also wonder why Wolves didn't let him just stay there until January; is he really going to learn more playing, at best, under-23 games for the next few months?

Agent Andy

City’s new contract offer was shambolic or so I heard , so to say we are not to blame is not true . We’ve never really pushed the Alfie thing and in my view he’s been totally under rated by city for the last 5 years or so . Half a million is a snip of his real worth so in my view we’ve ****** up royally on this one 🤨🤨🤨

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
City’s new contract offer was shambolic or so I heard , so to say we are not to blame is not true . We’ve never really pushed the Alfie thing and in my view he’s been totally under rated by city for the last 5 years or so . Half a million is a snip of his real worth so in my view we’ve ****** up royally on this one 🤨🤨🤨
But also, Wolves are probably more likely to play him than Spurs and aren't one of the bigger Prem sides so if he is that good someone else might buy him and our sell-on kicks in. Happy days.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Really surprised by this as Matt Taylor had come out quite a few times and said how much he rated Alfie and that he was a future City Captain. If this is true then it is really disappointing.

‘Shambolic’ though sums up this transfer window very well!!