• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alfie Pond to Wolves for 500k

Grecianpasty

Thats good news at least. Any sell ons? Thats's where the big money is at. TBH after Rangers attempting to get him for pennies I'm fairly happy with the outcome given the circumstances. Good luck to the lad, has drive ands ambition at 18 - that'll likely make him achieve what he wants.
Not sure on add ons I'm afraid.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure on add ons I'm afraid.
I'd be very surprised if there weren't both add ons and sell ons. Its fairly standard practice in both Tribunals and ECFC sales of academy products.

It also appears (at the time of signing) to be without immediate real cost to the buying club. If they end with an Ollie Watkins selling for £30 million in 3 years time then everyone's a winner!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd be very surprised if there weren't both add ons and sell ons. Its fairly standard practice in both Tribunals and ECFC sales of academy products.

It also appears (at the time of signing) to be without immediate real cost to the buying club. If they end with an Ollie Watkins selling for £30 million in 3 years time then everyone's a winner!
Taggy said yesterday Amps add ons came into play every 10 games. up to 50 games. I think this is fairly standard practice.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another advantage of this move, if there are add on's and Sell on's etc. is that he is a mid rank prem side. If he does well he will more than likely get a chance and then if he does well he has an upwards motion within the premier league, which is more likely to generate cash for us.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thats good news at least. Any sell ons? Thats's where the big money is at. TBH after Rangers attempting to get him for pennies I'm fairly happy with the outcome given the circumstances. Good luck to the lad, has drive ands ambition at 18 - that'll likely make him achieve what he wants.
Devon Live reporting there are add ons https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/transfer-news/exeter-city-defender-alfie-pond-7538298

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another advantage of this move, if there are add on's and Sell on's etc. is that he is a mid rank prem side. If he does well he will more than likely get a chance and then if he does well he has an upwards motion within the premier league, which is more likely to generate cash for us.
Yeah I agree. I think someone made the same point earlier 🤔

DawlishBouy

Not quite:
The fee for the centre back, who was out of contract at the end of the season, is officially undisclosed, but thought to be in the region of £500,000. It is expected that there would be further add-ons as well for the Grecians.

ExmouthMart

You are such a dick sometimes, with your communication skills and concerns for the ongoing expenses the club is committed to perhaps you could email him and then post the reply.
Blame my communication skills on my Exmouth Comp education. Asking about the finer points of the deal is wrong then?! Instead of calling me childish names why don’t you enlighten me and others with what we want to know if you know anything at all……. It’s only opinions and mine is worth no more or less than anyone else’s.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Blame my communication skills on my Exmouth Comp education. Asking about the finer points of the deal is wrong then?! Instead of calling me childish names why don’t you enlighten me and others with what we want to know if you know anything at all……. It’s only opinions and mine is worth no more or less than anyone else’s.
My apologies, like you I know nothing, and whilst sometimes it would be interesting to know the finite details it makes no difference to me as I have no say over any of the dealings of the club trying to be run as a business. Yes it is majority owned by the trust but run by a board of directors and as such I wouldn't expect them to announce every little detail every time we make a sale. Not only will it open up our negotiating position to other clubs in the future which could weaken our hand in future negotiations but also notify other clubs of our perceived position financially.

ExmouthMart

My apologies, like you I know nothing, and whilst sometimes it would be interesting to know the finite details it makes no difference to me as I have no say over any of the dealings of the club trying to be run as a business. Yes it is majority owned by the trust but run by a board of directors and as such I wouldn't expect them to announce every little detail every time we make a sale. Not only will it open up our negotiating position to other clubs in the future which could weaken our hand in future negotiations but also notify other clubs of our perceived position financially.
It’s okay….. I’m just constantly worried that we will run out of money and have no Club. It’s amazing what we have achieved without being bankrolled by some here today gone tomorrow millionaire. For those of us of a certain age who remember what happened years ago when we genuinely thought it was the end. I don’t ever want that feeling again……